The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-08-2022, 06:35 AM

Default Buscarino Italia

I was preparing to commission an archtop from John Buscarino when I saw this guitar was available in his shop. It only took a few bars of this video demo of the instrument and I was sold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8stPlLCf_4

I had heard of John's work as a stellar archtop luthier but was not aware of the breadth of his offerings. This guitar shows he is definitely a multi talented craftsman.

John is of Italian American descent as am I so he loves doing these tribute guitars. The instrument is a "jumbo" with 16 inch lower bout. The top is Carpathian Spruce and the back/sides Honduran Rosewood. He carved and arched the back as he would for a traditional archtop. The sound hole is cut to the shape of the country of Italy. Very innovative. All other accessories are top grade and the workmanship is supernatural.

The instrument has a huge voice, particularly the basses. It plays like a dream and has a nice balance across the scale. John also put a passive pickup system in it but honestly unless you are playing in Yankee Stadium, it won't be necessary.

I wasn't planning on adding this to the stable, but after a few days of playing I feel very lucky that I could. The guitar is a feast for the eyes and ears.

Cincy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (29.6 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg back.jpg (38.2 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg Head.jpg (40.2 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg Inlay.jpg (32.4 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg Head back.jpg (31.7 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg Heel.jpg (40.6 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Soundport.jpg (33.1 KB, 197 views)
Old 05-08-2022, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations… I played your guitar at the Artisan Guitar Show.

I also own a Buscarino Rhapsody (different woods than yours). Rhapsody has a unique timbre. I love mine…

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=469031
Old 05-08-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Congratulations… I played your guitar at the Artisan Guitar Show.

I also own a Buscarino Rhapsody (different woods than yours). Rhapsody has a unique timbre. I love mine…

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=469031
Thanks for sharing. That was an amazing build thread. The sound of the instrument is very familiar to me now!

Cincy
Old 05-09-2022, 07:58 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations!! Love John ‘s work. Bob, commenting above, turned me on to John’s guitars and I subsequently brought a nylon Cabaret. That recording does sound amazing. Luis is an exceptional player and Andrew York an inventive composer. Enjoy!

Last edited by jmat; 05-09-2022 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:46 AM
AGF Sponsor

I was lucky enough to have the table next to the legendary Buscarino's table at the Artisan Guitar Show, great people, and it was a joy to talk to them over the course of the show. I really loved this guitar, it had a fantastic sound, and it is a very unique instrument with that carved Honduran rosewood back. You'll probably never see another guitar like that. Very cool.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop