The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-31-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riorider View Post
Thanks for the review, Jenn. And yes, I've considered your SA...! and you wouldn't have to ship it..

Back to this post - thanks for the comparisons, the +/-, and the overall conclusion. Nice and tidy - easy to read, and clear.

And soon I'll have something new to test just such an amp...!

Phil
Thanks, Phil. And of course, anyone who purchases without shipping would get a nice discount ;-)

So, is the Baranik ready soon? Yippie! I just heard from Mike today, and he says that we need to get together around the end of January to make some decisions! I also heard that I'll see him at NAMM in a couple of weeks.

Best wishes,
Jenn
Old 12-31-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Thinking about your SA Jenn as I need one anyway to test/play against or with my Bose Compact and BA on the way and my Bose Classic and some other toys around my house. Hmmmmm...
Thanks...keep those good thoughts going!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpa53 View Post
Do your normally use the Highlander with your SA's EQ dials set flat or even off? If so, do you do that becuase you think the SA's on-board EQ and effects areen't all that great either?

If you would carry the Highlander with either one, I could see that then it's a wash between the two for portability, and perhaps a slight plus for the BA since it is lighter.

And, given your positive thoughts on the BA, do you think you'd try the BA's sub and mixer when they appear?
Actually, I don't use the Highlander with the SA, as I've found the SA's controls to work quite well. I use the Highlander as a DI when I play through a house PA, using its EQ to "dial in" my tone. The SA's EQ is flexible enough, I've found. The BA, on the other hand, doesn't have flexible enough onboard EQ, so I would use the Highlander for that purpose. I auditioned it that way, and I was sold. I don't really mind carrying the Highlander to gigs, because it will add little weight or space to a a backpack that I already take to everything (actually a M-Audio bag) that holds my cables, Strobo-Flip, extra strings and tools, etc.

I doubt that I'll try the sub (except possibly out of curiosity) because I like BA lows as they are. I will probably try out the mixer when it becomes available.

Thanks for the great questions!
Jenn
Old 12-31-2009, 11:20 AM

I find it interesting that you would sell a unit that has everything you need onboard to get a unit that needs additional outboard gear. This BA must really be something.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoB/335 View Post
I find it interesting that you would sell a unit that has everything you need onboard to get a unit that needs additional outboard gear. This BA must really be something.
Yes and no. Have you ever sold a guitar to buy another one because it sounds better?

Is it wrong to sell a Takamine (for example) that has built-in electronics to buy a D-28 with no electronics?
Old 12-31-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Well, the SA has everything I need onboard except the most natural sound, for MY instruments, to MY ears. It's a difference that makes the switch worth it to me. Many other people will prefer the SA, and that's great. Different strokes and all
Old 12-31-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerPlucked View Post
Is it wrong to sell a Takamine (for example) that has built-in electronics to buy a D-28 with no electronics?

OH!!!!!! I LIKE THAT ONE!
Old 12-31-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Actually, you can't help but miss the comparison. If she gets $700 for her SoloAmp, she's essentially trading in the SoloAmp for the BagAmp. This goes beyond the price/ effects issue.

I really do need to get down and A/B those two amps.

geokie8

Last edited by geokie8; 01-01-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: #1 rule
Old 12-31-2009, 02:56 PM

OK, I'll try to clean up this thread.

Last edited by geokie8; 01-01-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Superfluous
Old 12-31-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennconducts View Post
Actually, that would be SHE, and I'm not too deaf

Jenn
Ah nevermind! lol
Old 01-01-2010, 12:30 AM

More housecleaning

Last edited by geokie8; 01-01-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:24 PM

I've decided to reduce the asking price for my SoloAmp to $600. For some reason, I'm unable to post to the Classifieds section, but when I am able to, I'll update the listing. Please PM or email jennconducts "at" mac.com for further info. This is as low as I can go before going to ebay, where the price must be higher due to seller's fees.

Many thanks!

Jenn
Old 01-02-2010, 03:02 PM

Jenn,

Are you a Charter member? Starting Jan 1, 2010, you have to be a Charter member now to post for sale threads in the classified section. That probably explains why you can't edit/post on your original thread.

Gordon
Old 01-02-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHLau View Post
Jenn,

Are you a Charter member? Starting Jan 1, 2010, you have to be a Charter member now to post for sale threads in the classified section. That probably explains why you can't edit/post on your original thread.

Gordon
I see, thanks.

Jenn
Old 01-02-2010, 03:51 PM

A PM has been sent....
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification