The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 06-14-2018, 07:35 AM
AGF Sponsor

One of my brothers was in the Navy. He let us know it sounded so much better to his sisters that it was for him. Go figure!

I hope for good weather, too. When our kids were little they rode their bikes in the house on rainy days. Guess that won't suffice for you.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
PS: I'm loving the new website and enjoying the media clips - especially the one entitled "Cracked Nut Suite" by James Filkins. In reading the description I see that it was played on my favorite McKnight guitar, the Highlander that had wenge back and sides with a cedar/Engelmann double top. I can't wait to see what else you'll have sitting around to play this year.
Hmm. That delightful little guitar, the "Cigar," would now be in my possession, Neil. I'm sorry to say I'm already on the road and didn't bring it along for this weekend's McJam; I'll be sure to do so at next year's McJam. It is a splendid guitar, and easily among my top two or three guitars Tim has built.

Had no idea about the navy. Or bike riding. Or cruises and crud (sorry 'bout the latter!). Hope you're feeling better; looking forward to seeing you and everyone else this weekend in Greater Metropolitan Morral!
Old 06-18-2018, 04:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

Well, a tray of peanut butter cookies are baked, but a few lady helpers are unable to attend this year so we will wing it and make do.

Rodger and I are working on the schedule.

A few new faces will be in the crowd so we will consider orientation a worthy option so those guys are not left out.

Please note I will be sending a brief e-mail later today to 2018 McJammers only.

See ya Friday.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

[email protected]
Old 06-21-2018, 11:40 AM

Mary,

We had some bad storms blow through here last night. How did greater Morral fare? Are the roads clear? Is the Lone Cone still standing?
Old 06-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Music soothes the soul!

I just left the house and all was in order. The place is looking great.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:49 PM
AGF Sponsor

HI Neil,

The winds might come later this evening, but Columbus typically gets the blunt end of the storms and we linger in rains. So far today I don't think there was rain. Adrianne and I spent our day in Marion getting food purchased for those who will be joining us.

Many thanks to Dennis for coming along early and helping with tables, chairs, guitars and bringing door prizes. Wow. What a great beginning!

[email protected]
Old 06-22-2018, 03:13 AM

Kathy and I are up early making final trip arrangements... well, er... I'm up early.

Chocolate Chip cookies are baked and ready to go. Kathy made broccoli casserole last night. McKnight guitars are polished and lined up to go in the car. Schedules are printed.

Leaving Akron between 9:30 and 10:00 should put us in Moral right around noon.

I'm pumped! Can't wait to see everyone.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:48 PM

Looking forward to catching up with all the Mcjammers in about 24 hours.
The McKnight jam blues will get it's yearly performance.
1995 Gibson J 35 Ltd No 7 of 250
1958 Gibson L48
1955 Gibson ES125
Old 06-24-2018, 12:02 PM

Great Skype'ing with you Coldshot! Thanks so much for joining us!! We loved the 2018 McKnight Jam Blues version! We're looking forward to having you join us in person one year.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks to both of you for the Skype. You sang the McJammers and the McJammers sang to you. Rodger and the gang (who needs to have an official name) practiced and sounded like a professional group. I loved the great interaction of everyone. With so much background noise on our end it was a bit difficult to hear, but it was awesome just the same to have you wearing your lanyard and the sunglasses. SWEET!

It's been 11 years of the best times.

Stay healthy!!!

[email protected]
Old 06-25-2018, 04:35 PM

Here are some pics of McJam XI...

Adrianne holding down the fort at the sign in table. Adrianne is flanked by Nancy Freimark and Mary McKnight. This is where we sign in and get our lanyard name tags so we remember who we are...

Our wonderful hosts! Mary and Tim McKnight, seen here holding two magnificent McNought dreads. And, later sharing a hug.

Bruce Freimark leads a "Blues" workshop where people shared their favorite acoustic blues technique...

A McJam tradition... "Going to the McJam" written by Steve Wamsley (on lead Uke). Rounding out the McJammers are Dennis Lair (Cigarfan) on rhythm Uke, Bruce Freimark (cafeguy) on guitar and me on Uke Bass.

Adrianne McKnight gave an inspiring workshop describing her Guitar Build #5, redwood top and spectacular "The Tree" mahogany. And, I had the honor of playing it. What a tone monster! Someone is going to have an unbelievable guitar!

Old 06-25-2018, 04:53 PM

Some of the players....

Dennis Lair (CigarFan) playing his gorgeous Kinnaird that was documented in the AGF Custom Shop...

Mark Sandstrom (Queequeg)

Steve and Tammy (she has a GREAT voice). Steve is OK, too...

Ross Skaggs (rwskaggs) seen here playing Kurt's favorite song by request, "The Cat's in the Kettle" - another McJam tradition.

Kurt Bullock (Eire)

Joel Freimark

Bruce Freimark

Clif Brunsetter

Mark Gallimore

Neil Kwak (Neil K Walk) former Kwakatak

Two of our favorite people on the planet, Nancy Freimark and Mary's Mom - Dolly!

Last edited by Rodger; 06-26-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:22 PM

Here is Bruce delivering a baby guitar with the help of surgical assistants, Tim and Adrianne. (Actually removing a John Pearce arm rest.)

Tim lowering the action on Kurt's guitar...

Lastly, here's a key reason that this McJam was a little more special for me. I picked up "The Dominator", a guitar two years in the making, built by Tim. The build was well documented (I think) in the Custom Shop sub-Forum, and eventually will go to my Grandson, Dominic. Tim refined his set up technique recently and it resulted in a guitar that is so easy to play, I thought it had light strings when it actually had mediums. I've played quite a few guitars in my 40+ years of playing... this is the best one I have ever played.

Dennis playing the Dominator...

I would like to thank Tim and Mary for opening up their house to a bunch of guitar bums for the 11th year in a row! They are truly special people. Thanks!!!!

And thanks to my wife, Kathy, who took all the pictures posted here. She completely supports my guitar addiction and makes my life worth living!

Last edited by Rodger; 06-25-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:45 PM
AGF Sponsor

You are most certainly welcome and all McJammers need to be watching your email as I hope to send pictures in a good album link.

If I mess up ... I'll blame Rodger.

[email protected]
Old 06-25-2018, 08:37 PM

Thanks for sharing, Rodger...really enjoyed the pics!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Tags
cafeguy, cigarfan, eire