The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 03-04-2024, 08:18 AM

Smile Glad To Be Here

Was not sure what happened to my Harmony Guys forum membership.Tryed numerous log ons with two different passwords. Long story short after requesting admin help to change password,it never came. Have what I think is a Harmony 1950 Broadway.That year only they used a tripple stamp. In first left side box was a S (second) half of year. Middle box was unreadable. Right box, Made In USA. Getting perfect intonation including hamonic notes . Has new nut but there is a 20 degree slant on the bridge which seems a little excessive to reach perfect in tune notes around fretboard with my Yamaha needle tuner correct.Have read tinside on the inside of the soundboard there also should be a date stamp. If true could use a tiny mechanics camera with monitor to read numbers.Again if true what will this number review? Hoping there are some Broadway experts who have a 1950 -51 and can help me date it for sure.Thanks in advance and glad to be here.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:20 AM
Charter Member

I can’t be of any help , just wanted to say welcome to the forum. I haven’t owned a Harmony guitar but I do have an old Silvertone. I’ve come close to pulling the trigger on a Patrician as they look sweet. I also have an L-48 and an old New Yorker. Love archtops!
Old 03-14-2024, 07:26 AM

Default RE

Thanks so much for the welcome! Be interesting to hear from other Broadway owners down the road and hear how they have their action set up, My Harmony has a big issue with buuzzing frets above the 12th fret.This was after fretboard material removed in that area and those frets replaced . Then had to remove fret material from those new frets. It does now play clean to to the 12th and fretted note around the board seem good with a Yamaha needle tuner. Who plays above the 12th anyways . lol
Is just over 0.070 under low -E and is right on 0.060 under high E. so not too shabby I think for a 1950 yard saler. It was litterally leaning up against a big garbage bin when I sppoted it with its missing tuner key.

Last edited by happy picken; 03-14-2024 at 08:52 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops