The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-31-2024, 05:25 PM
Go Acoustic Audio

We offer the Poly 4 replacement units. But if you have a Poly 2 box our unit will fit inside and replace the board in it.

Last edited by conecaster; 03-31-2024 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2024, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conecaster View Post
We offer the Poly 4 replacement units. But if you have a Poly 2 box our unit will fit inside and replace the board in it.
Forgive me for not knowing. I tried researching on the website but did not find what I was after. What is the advantage that Go AA gives over the original RME units?
Old 04-04-2024, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimata View Post
Forgive me for not knowing. I tried researching on the website but did not find what I was after. What is the advantage that Go AA gives over the original RME units?
According to Walter Rodriguez jr they improve the sound and the MIDI tracking - here is a recent video of his in which he shows his Godin Multiac with the Go AA replacement:

https://youtu.be/fpNDKTdeCZk?si=rj0k6m2Gr5cdh7Pr
Old 04-21-2024, 08:50 AM
Go Acoustic Audio

We have a direct fit replacement for the RMC polydrive.

https://www.goacousticaudio.com/prod...-godin-multiac

Walter showed the Godin with our replacement in the video you saw.
Old 04-21-2024, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Nuenning View Post
According to Walter Rodriguez jr they improve the sound and the MIDI tracking - here is a recent video of his in which he shows his Godin Multiac with the Go AA replacement:

https://youtu.be/fpNDKTdeCZk?si=rj0k6m2Gr5cdh7Pr
Eddie, I watch your videos and keep up with your channel now. Very, very, strong work, I'm so glad I have your channel to point towards as an example. I am having a classical guitar built with the RMC Pickup in it and hope to use it well as a MIDI guitar.

Quote:

This is a question to you and also Eddie: Is there perhaps a comparison video? I don't know if that's enough material for a good video, but I would be extremely interested in seeing a nice, friendly, comparison between the RMC PolyDrive II (which I just bought recently for this new classical guitar, and I think Richard McClish its creator is a total genius) and the Go Acoustic CPD System, if this is possible!

I'm really hoping to see if the difference for me is worth the upgrade.
Old 04-21-2024, 06:51 PM

Quote:

Also, in the video that Eddie posted, Walter mentioned he uses 'Graph Tech' pickup saddles (which I researched and I'm assuming these ones are it?) instead of the gold ones provided by RMC. What advantage would you say that gives over the stock RMC pickup saddles?
Old 04-21-2024, 08:20 PM
Charter Member

Have not done that but it is sometimes fun to play around with a differnet sound. I have done that a couple of times with tabs of my compositions, for example with Breeze
https://dcoombsguitar.com/Misc/BreezeMidi.mp3

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 04-21-2024, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
Have not done that but it is sometimes fun to play around with a differnet sound. I have done that a couple of times with tabs of my compositions, for example with Breeze
https://dcoombsguitar.com/Misc/BreezeMidi.mp3
That was an interesting and whimsical composition
Old 04-22-2024, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Eddie, I watch your videos and keep up with your channel now. Very, very, strong work, I'm so glad I have your channel to point towards as an example. I am having a classical guitar built with the RMC Pickup in it and hope to use it well as a MIDI guitar.

This is a question to you and also Eddie: Is there perhaps a comparison video? I don't know if that's enough material for a good video, but I would be extremely interested in seeing a nice, friendly, comparison between the RMC PolyDrive II (which I just bought recently for this new classical guitar, and I think Richard McClish its creator is a total genius) and the Go Acoustic CPD System, if this is possible!

I'm really hoping to see if the difference for me is worth the upgrade.
Thank you - I am glad that my videos are of use to you!
As far as a comparison is concerned you might just listen to the above mentioned video by Walter Rodriguez jr and listen to it side by side with an older video of his and just compare the sound coming from his Godin.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Nuenning View Post
As far as a comparison is concerned you might just listen to the above mentioned video by Walter Rodriguez jr and listen to it side by side with an older video of his and just compare the sound coming from his Godin.
It's actually quite difficult to gain a sense of what the Go Acoustic system brings to the table compared to the RMC from these videos, because the samples played are not the same as what he's played elsewhere on his channel. I looked. It's difficult to appreciate any differences. So I'm not so convinced yet to fund a replacement.
Old Yesterday, 02:45 AM

Quote:
It's actually quite difficult to gain a sense of what the Go Acoustic system brings to the table compared to the RMC from these videos, because the samples played are not the same as what he's played elsewhere on his channel. I looked. It's difficult to appreciate any differences. So I'm not so convinced yet to fund a replacement.
I see your problem and found this video with a direct comparison of the Go Acoustic system on a Taylor steelstring:

https://youtu.be/pWctC7tGQrk?si=lJPCq9cWfjvEv8kB

Although it is not a nylonstring guitar this might give you a rough idea about the capabilities of their technology.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical