The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-17-2018, 09:00 AM

Louie, you are right! Unfortunately, Josh's guitar has been put on a back burner while Gage was completing 2 guitars on his bench. Hoping that he gets right back to them, but meanwhile, here are some photos of the culprits. Gorgeous isn't it - I just love the rosette and his beveled bridge... ain't nothing else like them!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 10-17-2018, 11:20 AM
Charter Member

Pics like this make me a little insane ;-)
Old 10-22-2018, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

This absolutely remarkable instrument was delivered to the one and only Barton Carroll this morning. I can’t stop staring! IMG_1708.jpg
Old 10-27-2018, 02:12 PM
Charter Member

So our boy Marcus is out causing trouble at the Woodstock show and I figured I’d update this. While this pic isn’t all that exciting to look at, it absolutely made my day! THE BOX IS CLOSED!IMG_1744.jpg
Old 10-28-2018, 10:13 PM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Killer!!!!!
Old 11-07-2018, 08:52 AM

Gage is finally back on track after the temporary hiatus on Josh's guitar. I don't think Josh has seen these photos yet. I think they look alright

Knowing Josh's playing style and tonal preference, combined with Gage's sound and craftsmanship, I truly cannot imagine a guitar more perfect for the job. You are going to be so happy Josh, I guarantee it.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 11-07-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaptonWannabe2 View Post
Thread makes me mad.

I can't afford it.

Not good enough to play it.

Can't make one.

I have the "sads"..... LOL

This is me on most every thread in this forum!
Old 11-11-2018, 11:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Gage is finally back on track after the temporary hiatus on Josh's guitar. I don't think Josh has seen these photos yet. I think they look alright

Knowing Josh's playing style and tonal preference, combined with Gage's sound and craftsmanship, I truly cannot imagine a guitar more perfect for the job. You are going to be so happy Josh, I guarantee it.

I don’t really know what to say! Gage has a standard that is incredibly high and I’m SOOOO glad to have gotten in on the ground floor! I know his prices will skyrocket. Every picture I see blows my mind.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

There she is....!!!
Old 11-19-2018, 08:33 AM

Getting updates from Gage brings so much joy to me (and I'm guessing Josh Isaacs as well). I totally forgot that this was getting a bevel, things just got even more exciting!!

Binding channels routed

Bevel channel routed

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 11-23-2018, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

Helllloooooooo binding! IMG_1911.jpg
Old 12-03-2018, 08:20 AM

Default BEVEL

So this is where things get a little crazy! Gage's workmanship is just topnotch. Check out the transformation of Josh's guitar as it receives its bevel!

Check. Out. That. Purfling.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 12-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Charter Member

I had actually seen these before Marcus posted them...and I’ve looked at them every day since. You can clearly see the Greenfield lineage in Gage’s work but you can also see everything Gage does to make it uniquely a Halland. His work is as intricate and as clean as I’ve ever seen...it’s remarkable.
His work on this bevel is stunning. The purfling lines at the base and top of the bevel are quickly becoming some of my favorite details in any guitar I’ve seen before. My goodness is he a talent in the industry!
Old 12-19-2018, 09:36 AM

This build is reaching the final stages! Materials for the neck, finger board and head plates all laid out:

Here is the neck fit onto the body. Looks pretty tight to me!

Really excited to hear Josh's thoughts on playing his very first Halland when it is completed

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 01-09-2019, 09:35 AM

A long overdue update. Happy 2019 all! I hope that your new year shall be filled with music and guitars

Here are a few photos - the neck has been fitted and it should be off to finish by none other than Vancouver Guitar Finishing. Everything about this guitar is just so clean... I can't wait for Josh to finally play this!!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
brazilian rosewood, gage halland, greenfield guitars, marcus wong, the golden era guitar