The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-02-2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwphoto View Post
I have a Genz-Benz Shenandoah 85 with a speaker selection switch on the back. If I eliminate the tweeter it can function as a pretty good, *clean* electric amp. Add some pedals (or whatever) & it's off to the races!

Does your Genzler have that ability to turn off the tweeter?

All that said, when I eventually did add an electric to my herd (Epi es339), I got a small tube amp to go with it. I love my Bugera V5 Infinium, especially after I switched out the speaker for an Eminence Patriot & replaced the OEM tubes for premium ones. World of difference! Turned a nice budget tube amp into a mini boutique amp! All for under $300! Oh, & way better sounding for electric IMO than the Genz-Benz, as competent as it is.

Frank
I have the Acoustic Array , and you can't turn off the tweeter, as it's not a single tweeter, it's an array of High Frequency Drivers, so it would be a little more severe killing all of them with a switch I wish there was a control where you could roll them back a little.
Old 05-02-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denandannie View Post
I am considering an hollowbody electric and don't want to buy another amp. I have a Genzler Acoustic Array and a Marshall AS50D. Will the electric guitar sound okay using either or both of these amps?
You seemed to have been put off by all the left responses so...

What kind of hollowbody are you considering? If I have something close, I can make a recording of it straight into my Acoustic Array for you.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
I have the Acoustic Array , and you can't turn off the tweeter, as it's not a single tweeter, it's an array of High Frequency Drivers, so it would be a little more severe killing all of them with a switch I wish there was a control where you could roll them back a little.
Gotcha! Too bad, although I hear they are super nice acoustic amps. Do check out the little Bugera, though, if you decide to go for a dedicated electric amp. With minor mods you'll be surprised!

Frank
Old 05-03-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Gotcha! Too bad, although I hear they are super nice acoustic amps. Do check out the little Bugera, though, if you decide to go for a dedicated electric amp. With minor mods you'll be surprised!

Frank

Frank, I have a room full of killer amps from 5 to 50 watts, it's not me looking to see if the Genzler will work, it's the OP. I was trying to help him with some ideas.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Frank, I have a room full of killer amps from 5 to 50 watts, it's not me looking to see if the Genzler will work, it's the OP. I was trying to help him with some ideas.
Opps! The OP said he has a Genzler Acoustic Array, too. I guess I was replying to your post but meant it for the OP. Sorry!

I still think he should check out the little Bugera. :-)

Frank
Old 05-03-2021, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Opps! The OP said he has a Genzler Acoustic Array, too. I guess I was replying to your post but meant it for the OP. Sorry!

I still think he should check out the little Bugera. :-)

Frank
And knowing what I know about both, I would go with a modeler

The Genzer has a big frequency range for an acoustic amp, and I think it would work great with a modeler.

But as I said in my earlier posts, there are many way to skin a cat. I did offer to make a recording for the OP with my Genzer if he wanted one.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
You seemed to have been put off by all the left responses so...

What kind of hollowbody are you considering? If I have something close, I can make a recording of it straight into my Acoustic Array for you.
Ibanez LGB30
Old 05-04-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denandannie View Post
Ibanez LGB30
I see that's a full hollow-body. I do have a full hollow-body Gretsch with Filtertron humbuckers that I could use to make you a demo if that would be alright.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:36 PM
Charter Member

To OP: Depending on what you want to do I think the answer is yes you can, though you might need some pedal "assistance". Ive been in the market for an electric guitar amp recently. You don't have to spend a lot to get a nice amp. Check out the Boss Katana mkII 50w. If u can swing it at only $240 it's a heck of alot of amp for that price It's solid state but I know some long-time electric guitarists who love them and gig with the 50w and 100w versions regularly.

Last edited by gmel555; 05-06-2021 at 10:45 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars