The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-25-2019, 11:20 AM

Default Thanks to Moderators: Appreciated

Hi

I put up a thread on curbing violence for some discussion and noted it seems to have been removed.

I support that and thank you, it was too much of a bummer for a nice Spring day.

I was logging in to remove it myself, when I saw someone got there first.

I agree, lets keep things light. My bad.

D.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:08 PM
Charter Member

Hi Davis,
The moderators do great work; I think they've kept this community together. I reckon that some days their jobs look a bit like herding cats.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 03-25-2019, 01:37 PM

I had a mod shoot me a PM several years ago to ask if I was OK.

Meant the world to me.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

The moderators are really the backbone of this forum; it could not exist as it does without them. It's a volunteer job, so people tend to get burned out; I know because I once was a mod myself over 3.25 years. Every time people decide to thank the moderators or to recognize them for the very difficult job they do, I know that it lifts the spirits of the moderators. They really need this.

So here's to the mods, every one of them: Kerbie, Acousticado, Basalt Beach, srick, SprintBob, and TomB'sox. And also a special shout-out to Jeremy who does so much behind the scenes to keep this place running. And to JR Rogers for making this forum happen in the first place.

- Glenn
Old 03-25-2019, 02:48 PM
Charter Member

I got tapped to be a moderator on another group a while back (figured they must have had me confused with an adult) I asked what it paid. Uh, well, we're all volunteers. Oh? Uh, well, no.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:26 PM

I agree. It's got to be a thankless job. I got called out on something that at the time I didn't really understand but in hindsight do. There's really no room for even touching on anything that might (even unintentionally) stir up unneeded flames.

So kudos to those folks.

2010 Taylor 814ce
2008 Taylor 816ce
2008 Taylor 426ce LTD (Tasmanian blackwood)

LR Baggs Venue
Ditto X2 Looper
TC Helicon H1 Harmony Pedal
Allen & Heath ZED 10FX
LD Systems Maui 11 G2
Galaxy PA6BT Monitor
iPad with OnSong
JBL EON ONE Compact (typically only used as a backup)

My Facebook Music Page
My YouTube Page
Old 03-25-2019, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
The moderators are really the backbone of this forum; it could not exist as it does without them. It's a volunteer job, so people tend to get burned out; I know because I once was a mod myself over 3.25 years. Every time people decide to thank the moderators or to recognize them for the very difficult job they do, I know that it lifts the spirits of the moderators. They really need this.

So here's to the mods, every one of them: Kerbie, Acousticado, Basalt Beach, srick, SprintBob, and TomB'sox. And also a special shout-out to Jeremy who does so much behind the scenes to keep this place running. And to JR Rogers for making this forum happen in the first place.

- Glenn
Hear, hear.....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 03-25-2019, 04:07 PM

Hey Glenn, we have great Moderators here on the AGF and you did a fantastic job when you were a Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post

- Glenn
Old 03-25-2019, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

I’ll be the first mod (and newest Mod) to thank y’all for the encouragement.
Kostal 12 Fret OMC (German Spruce/Koa)
Rainsong APSE 12 Fret (Carbon Fiber)
Taylor 812ce-N 12 fret (Sitka/EIR Nylon)
Old 03-25-2019, 05:02 PM

I am a mod on 3 forums - a woodworking forum, a router forum, and a CNC forum, so I well understand what you guys do here and definitely appreciate how well you do your volunteer job.

Kudos to the mods here!!

David

My Woodworking YouTube channel - David Falkner Woodworking --------------------------------------------
Martin, Gallagher, Guild, Takamine, Falkner
Old 03-25-2019, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

I was a moderator for a while on a Christian music forum, created by an AGF member some years ago.

Even in that context, it was sometimes a challenging task

So, I truly appreciate the job the moderators here do.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 03-25-2019, 06:03 PM

You guys rock!
Old 03-25-2019, 06:38 PM

Thank you all. It's an interesting job, for sure. It's much like being an RA in a rowdy college dorm (which I was). The kids stay up a little too late, drink a little too much, and play their music way too loud. Sometimes they make some bad decisions. So, we try to play it as cool as possible.

Our mantra is right there in the FAQs: Be nice, no politics, no religion - follow the rules in the classified section. It's pretty easy!

But again, thank you all for contributing to this wonderful forum. Hats off to all of my fellow mods, admin Jeremy, and of course, J.R. Rogers, who is the AGF founder and owner.

I believe that today may be my one year anniversary as a moderator. It's been a fun part of my daily life and a great distraction from the "real world".

best,

Rick

Last edited by srick; 03-25-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

I'll be the next mod to thank all the AGF'ers for being here. The highlight of this job has been all the fantastic folks I've "met" over the years on the mod team and in the main forum. This forum is a treasure trove of information and it has never been a wild, wild west of the internet. For that, I'm very grateful.

And if you ever want to contact us, go to very bottom right of the General Discussion page... you'll find us in red. Drop us a note anytime.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:14 PM

While doing this job, some days you wonder why you bother, but I too have become "friends" with many folks through this job. It is for that reason that it is worth it to me. There are many tough decisions that are made and we tend to do that as a group, so what seems like maybe a snap decision to you may have come after several hours of discussion among us. We actually take this job quite seriously because we all value the forum. Do we get it correct every time, of course not, but our mistakes are not intentional and we try to be fair to all.

Thank you for those who took time to post in this thread.

Tom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic