The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-25-2019, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

Default *Final Reduction* EVD Model II Maple / Italian Spruce (Bashkin "Luthier on Luthier")

Hi Everyone,

I'm offering for sale a unique guitar from a builder that's a little bit under the radar. It's an Edward Victor Dick Model II, from 2007. Other than the way it plays and sounds, the maple on this one steals the show. I'm a total sucker for maple so it kind of pains me to part with the guitar, but primarily being a nylon string guy, it's too nice of a steel string to have on standby, and I would love for someone else to enjoy playing and looking at this unique guitar.

It's in overall very good shape. A few specifics photographed, a very small ding on the headstock by the tuner, which is fairly inconspicuous. Very slight finish roughness between the binding and back plate.

Specs:
Nut - 1.75"
Scale - 25"
Width at LB - 15"
Depth at tail - 4"
Depth at heel - 3 3/16"
Italian spruce top
Oval soundhole with mother of pearl segmented inlays

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_59f.jpgIMG_9133 copy.jpg

More pictures are here.

About the builder:
He is the founder of the Colorado School of Lutherie and has been working with guitars for about 40 years. His experience is really evident in how well-made this guitar is, and how well it plays and sounds. A clear and full sound from such a compact and comfortable body.

He was featured on Michael Bashkin's Luthier and Luthier podcast series, which was a great listen.

I'm considering asking Edward to list this at his shop, but I'm hoping to make a sale here on the forums as to reduce the amount it has to travel and to make it available for less. [off to consignment] before putting it on consignment. PayPal friends and family (regular is ok as long you don't mind paying the fee). I'd like to see it go somewhere at a good price, if you have been interested at all, send me a message.

*3/28 update, I'm now only asking - after everything. I think this is a great price for a guitar of this caliber. I've decided to give it another week or so on AGF, and then will ask Edward to sell it in his shop as I'd planned before.* [off to consignment]

Very very slight chance I'd be interested in some kind of trade with a nylon string, but mostly interested in selling.

Thanks for looking and any questions please let me know!

Last edited by DLQ; 04-04-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:15 PM
Charter Member

Bump up with a price reduction, before trying consignment with the builder. Aside from being unique, the guitar is very-well put together, and puts out a lot of sound for being this size. Would love to see it go somewhere it can be appreciated, and played on a regular basis. For the fellow maple-lovers, doesn't get better than this.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

I had an EVD years ago and it was extremely well built, played great and sounded awesome.

This is a lot of guitar for the money.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalcutta View Post
I had an EVD years ago and it was extremely well built, played great and sounded awesome.

This is a lot of guitar for the money.
Thanks for the shout! I'm certainly with you on all points.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:45 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful Saturday on the East Coast bump for a really nice small-bodied 12 fret. Killer maple. Italian spruce. Giving it a last try here before consignment, if you've been interested say hello!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars