The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-03-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHS View Post
I dont want to sound callous about this but here is the truth that I have experienced. You cant do it alone...period...you will burn out physically and mentally in short order. Its a 24/7 job, or it may very well become one. And the story is the same with nearly everyone I spoke to in and out of nursing homes. There is usually only one ( son.daughter,) that steps up to the plate...the rest are MIA...that is until its time to read the will....its the same over and over again. Either they live too far away ( okay, fair enough, thats where life took them), or they are close by and dont pitch in. But trust me on this, when they pass they will be on the first airplane to see what is left to them. Now, you may be lucky and have a family that takes ownership of the problem and helps. But in the many many many people I have talked to, at length or in passing, this will very likely NOT be the case...good luck to you.
I have seen the situation you are describing play out many times, and am not disagreeing with any of it.

I am relaying my experience dealing with LTC policies and claims when clients need the coverage. People living alone only get by with the home care option for a short time in most cases, as there just aren't enough family members able to help enough, those clients end up in a facility pretty quickly. With a spouse by their side, supplemented by family members and home care professionals, they can stay in the home a little longer.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic