The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-25-2020, 11:09 AM

FWIW - The Fender Acoustisonic 15 is a great starter amp for the money especially if you are buying it new as it wont break the bank. 2 channels allows you to add a mic when your ready for that step. Keep in mind it's a bedroom/living room amp though. Still makes a decent volume.. it does not have a dedicated external input jack so if you want to play along with streamed music you will need to cobble together an adapter for the 1/4" input.

I own the 40 and it's a great practice amp. Plenty loud for home use and you could easily offend the neighbors if you wanted to. You can find them used around $80-120. I also own a Loudbox Mini and it's a very nice option if you can find a used one within your budget range. I know you already made a choice so this is more for anyone else reading the thread in the same situation.

When in doubt hit up CL, Offer-Up, etc... and buy used at a favorable price. You can always flip it after taking it for a test drive and possibly even make a dollar or two.

Mike
Old 06-25-2020, 02:02 PM
Charter Member

Just a reminder that OP was asking about starter amps sub- $150. Not sure a Fishman LB Artist fits the criteria.

Anyway, a used Yamaha THR5A will give you loads of tonal options for strumming and fingerpicking, and several effects - which, as a beginner, can only add to your enjoyment. Failing that, Fender Acoustasonic 15, because it's a bargain.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:54 PM

I had the fender passport 7w...sold it and missed it so much I bought another one and now i rarely use it :P

But I still like it

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification