The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-04-2013, 10:16 AM

Default Ever heard of Luthier Brook Moore?

I was at the NW Instrument show last week here in Portland and looked at a number of guitars. One of the builders there was Brook Moore. He is from Eastern Oregon but technically has some very interesting (advanced) guitars. http://www.brookmooreguitars.com/

His guitars played quite nicely and sounded good (as good as I could tell. even the quiet rooms were noisy). In talking to him, he seems to be quite knowledgable about his craft. Take a look at his site and see what he's doing and who has influenced him.

He's kind of out of the way, but I'm wondering if any you have every heard of him?

Jack

1975 Mossman Great
1995 Taylor LKSM-12
2008 Taylor Fall Ltd GC
2008 Applegate C Nylon Crossover
Fender Stratocaster - Eric Johnson Model
Nyberg Cittern
2011 Eastman AC508M
2012 Epiphone ES339
Old 05-06-2013, 01:16 PM

I had a table behind Brook at the Portland show. We talked quite a bit about his adjustable neck joint. Knows his stuff. As we packed up at the close of the show, he came over and handed me the pages of his binder where he documented the joint. Real nice fellow.

As usual, there wasn't enough time to chat with him and everybody else there.

Pat

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop