The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-04-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I’ve come to the conclusion that there are a few good options out there depending on your needs - systems that get universally good reviews:

Bose L1 (C, S or M2)
Line 6 L2t or L3t
Fishman SA 220 or 330
Fishman Loudbox Artist/Performer
HK Lucas Nano (600, 605fx, 608i)
LD Systems Maui (5, 11, or 28)

I decided to wait until a sale came along for one of the above. In the meantime, I tried a few of these and contemplated which would work well now and which would give me a little flexibility if I were to start performing with the group again. All would work fine for now.

The HK Lucas Nano 608i was the only one with a proper built in mixer (minimum 4 combo jacks) for future needs. I would have needed a Bose T1, Fishman Expander, or small mixer for everything else.

A 608i went became available at a very good discount and I bought it. It’s a very good piece of equipment. I’ve actually stopped looking online and researching since I bought it. That’s usually a good sign for me. :-)
The HK 608i is the one that I've been really interested in eventually buying and seeing the range of systems you've compared it to makes me want to find one sooner rather than later.

My JBL Eon One is working well enough that I don't feel the need to replace it, but I'm picky enough that I'd rather spend a bit more and get what really does appear to be the pinnacle of this type of system for players like ourselves.

Probably time to go ahead and sell the L1 Model II and go shopping again. Thanks for all the great info!
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 12-05-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nama Ensou View Post
The HK 608i is the one that I've been really interested in eventually buying and seeing the range of systems you've compared it to makes me want to find one sooner rather than later.

My JBL Eon One is working well enough that I don't feel the need to replace it, but I'm picky enough that I'd rather spend a bit more and get what really does appear to be the pinnacle of this type of system for players like ourselves.

Probably time to go ahead and sell the L1 Model II and go shopping again. Thanks for all the great info!

It’s worth taking a look at the 608i at least.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification