The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-02-2015, 03:08 PM

Default CA guitar customer service

I have a CA GXi guitar that has a buzz in the saddle when playing an open G string. I sent it to the factory for repair per their request. They had it 18 working days and sent it back without repairing the problem. I called customer service and they finally called back 4 or 5 days later. They had me send it back again 3 weeks ago. I have called CS several times for an up date and they always tell me they will get back to me, but never do. So I have been without my guitar since the 4th of Jan.

I like the guitar, but Peavy customer service is worthless. I will never buy another Peavy product because of this. Warning: If you plan to buy one of their guitars keep this in mind when you purchase it, and hope you never have to have it worked on by them.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Charter Member

I don't get it. Companies work hard to put out a good product... when something does slip through, they should be expediting a solution. I understand and support your decision to not do business with them again. When one has an issue like this, with repeated failures to respond, it clearly shows where that company stands on customer service.

Thanks for the heads up - keep us posted on the outcome.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trijetal View Post
I have a CA GXi guitar that has a buzz in the saddle when playing an open G string. I sent it to the factory for repair per their request. They had it 18 working days and sent it back without repairing the problem. I called customer service and they finally called back 4 or 5 days later. They had me send it back again 3 weeks ago. I have called CS several times for an up date and they always tell me they will get back to me, but never do. So I have been without my guitar since the 4th of Jan.

I like the guitar, but Peavy customer service is worthless. I will never buy another Peavy product because of this. Warning: If you plan to buy one of their guitars keep this in mind when you purchase it, and hope you never have to have it worked on by them.
I would suggest getting your dealer involved in this, they can move things along for you. Can I ask where you bought the guitar?
Old 03-02-2015, 04:58 PM

Default GXi

I bought it at Music Mart in Solana Beach, Ca. They were very good at helping the first time. I haven't contacted them this time because I was dealing with the factory direct. I have no complaints with Music Mart, or the guitar itself. In fact I love the deep sound and playability. It's just frustrating not getting anyone to answer your questions about a guitar that cost $3000 after tax. Hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:21 PM

If this store is local to you than maybe take it back to them and ask them to help you facilitate this. I would also try a local lutheir, sometimes things like this are a matter of a minor tweak.

Good luck
Old 03-02-2015, 05:36 PM

Default guitar

Composite Acoustics has the guitar, (I think they are holding it for ransom). I do appreciate the replies, I wish CA would be as helpful. Lesson learned.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:39 PM

Default guitar

Composite Acoustics has the guitar, (I think they are holding it for ransom). I do appreciate the replies, I wish CA would be as helpful. I agree it's probably minor but they wanted it sent to them. A simple reply to my phone call would be helpful. Lesson learned.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:52 PM

I seems Peavey the parent company has been cutting back on things,,,closed at least one of their factories and their NAMM area this year was way smaller ...especially the CA and acoustic guitar part,,,,, Hmmmmm... just observin'
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber