The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 10-10-2020, 12:17 PM

Default New to Teaching

Hi six stringers and guitar enthusiasts...never thought I would get this far this late in life but made a dream come true thanks to the guitar community in general. Picked it up 8 ish years ago and had a set back this January with an injury. All I could think about was "will I still be able to play?" Took a lot mentally and physically but came out ahead and want to help others. That's why my channel is called "Don't Fret"....a few give aways coming up (cause the wife loves that stuff) and would appreciate the time you might take to check out my channel. Thanks
https://youtu.be/VBj-YYhMXI4
https://youtu.be/XZGJ7-fbon4
Old 10-13-2020, 12:55 PM

I took a look at the videos. I'm not sure who your target audience is, but from your post it sounds like you are trying to help/encourage those who have sustained an injury or are recovering from illness. If that is the case, then good on yer, but maybe offer some advice on how you recovered enough to do what you do, and focus more on returning to, or learning guitar post injury.
If, on the other hand, you are targeting this towards the general population of learners then I'm afraid the competition is enormous out there and you will be struggling to compete.
My suggestion is to go with the injury/illness recovery folks and I think you'll get a much better following with that group. You'll need to focus your content for those people specifically, and state from the beginning who your target audience is to be, then, I think it would be a very worthwhile venture. Good luck with it! And congratulations on your recovery!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Tags
guitar acoustic, teaching