The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 10-13-2020, 02:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bolding View Post
Thank You for that Bob. I appreciate the David Hamburger link; I do subscribe to his youtube channel but I haven't joined the finger style 5. I did get to meet and have dinner with David & his wife as part of the Acoustic guitar magazine 2003 cruise which was quite a lot of fun. I will keep an eye on your soundcloud for uploads of these new songs
Hey Mark, the Fingerstyle Five has been real good for me. I've only been there a few months (and fingerpicking a few years) but David is an impressive teacher. He manages to tear a song down to its most basic level (with fundamental and embellished versions and exercises to help get over the tough spots) and then get into improvising and arranging in the same one month module. There are folks from near beginners to advanced players and everyone seems to enjoy it. Very supportive community on his forum, too. Folks post videos and some of them are real good.

I can imagine it was fun to be around him, he has a good sense of humor for sure!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write