The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-17-2019, 04:39 PM
Charter Member

Default K&K in a V braced Taylor?

Has anyone installed (or had it installed) a K&K Pure Mini in a V-Class braced Taylor? Any issues with installation or results?
Old 11-19-2019, 04:15 AM

Default K&K in my Grand Pacific

I just had a pure mini installed in my 517 which is V braced. Couldn’t be happier. It sounds great: warm, rich, clear and very much like the guitar’s unamplified tone. Highly recommended
Old 11-19-2019, 09:57 AM

I haven't done this (mine has the ES system installed) but wondering why you'd think there'd be any problems. Are you concerned because of the bracing structure or the sound generally?
Old 11-19-2019, 04:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619TF View Post
I haven't done this (mine has the ES system installed) but wondering why you'd think there'd be any problems. Are you concerned because of the bracing structure or the sound generally?
I was wondering due to the lesser amount of real estate on the bridge plate with V-braced guitars. I actually did a dry run of an install, and the proximity of the braces did not allow for use of the jig provided for install. I'm sure an actual guitar tech can get the job done, but was just wondering if anyone had run into any issues. I typically do self installs of the K&K (or JJB), but not "free hand". I was bummed about the jig issue.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification