The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 11-12-2019, 10:46 PM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 33,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Don Cherry fired. I'll miss his sartorial splendor.

In other news, Sidney Crosby will miss the Pens road trip this weekend to New York (Rangers) and New Jersey (Devils) with a lower body injury. Team says he may be out longer.
Yea, big news in Canada about Don Cherry. Hockey Night in Canada won't be the same without him.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-13-2019, 06:40 AM
catdaddy catdaddy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Backroads of Florida
Posts: 5,382
Default

Not good news for the Pens: Sid has a sports hernia. He's currently deciding on whether to have surgery or go with rest and rehab. If he choses surgery he'll be out for 4 to 6 weeks. With Letang and Hornqvist already out, the Pens are going to have some tough sledding over the next month or so.
__________________

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'


You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-13-2019, 10:39 PM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 33,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Not good news for the Pens: Sid has a sports hernia. He's currently deciding on whether to have surgery or go with rest and rehab. If he choses surgery he'll be out for 4 to 6 weeks. With Letang and Hornqvist already out, the Pens are going to have some tough sledding over the next month or so.
I hope Sid goes ahead and gets that fixed now. No sense putting it off given he's had it since training camp.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-14-2019, 06:59 AM
catdaddy catdaddy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Backroads of Florida
Posts: 5,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I hope Sid goes ahead and gets that fixed now. No sense putting it off given he's had it since training camp.
I hope so too. I think having the surgery now makes more sense than trying some rest, and then having to deal with the possibility of reaggravating the condition later in the season or during the playoffs. Get it fixed and move forward.
__________________

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'


You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-14-2019, 10:48 AM
catdaddy catdaddy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Backroads of Florida
Posts: 5,382
Default

Pens just announced that Sidney Crosby has had sports hernia surgery and will be out a minimum of 6 weeks. Glad he's had it taken care of, and will be back in plenty of time to help the Pens make the playoffs.
__________________

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'


You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-14-2019, 11:27 AM
Neil K Walk Neil K Walk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SWPA
Posts: 6,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Pens just announced that Sidney Crosby has had sports hernia surgery and will be out a minimum of 6 weeks. Glad he's had it taken care of, and will be back in plenty of time to help the Pens make the playoffs.
Yup. Word is that he's been dealing with it since training camp and soldiering through it because Malkin was out. I'd rather he be healthy after midseason anyway.
__________________
~ Neil (sofa player, shower singer and basement whittler)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-14-2019, 07:13 PM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 33,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Pens just announced that Sidney Crosby has had sports hernia surgery and will be out a minimum of 6 weeks. Glad he's had it taken care of, and will be back in plenty of time to help the Pens make the playoffs.
+1. Too bad but glad he didn't wait any longer. I just read a stat that Crosby has played at least 75 games each of the past 6 seasons, and 3 seasons with at least 80 games. That's quite a turn around from earlier in his career when he was injury prone and many were wondering if his career would be cut short. Fortunately not!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-16-2019, 10:27 AM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 33,776
Default

McDavid had 6 points (3/3) and Draisaitl had 5 (0/5) in their win a couple of nights ago. Showoffs!

Marchand had 2 more goals last night for the Bruins. He's having a great season.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-18-2019, 01:14 PM
rmp rmp is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Marchand had 2 more goals last night for the Bruins. He's having a great season.
yea so is Pasta, but what the heck are they getting at with the shoot out shenanigans. Same thing almost every time, skate around, slow down at the hash marks, and try the five hole, which by now, every goalie in the league knows what to expect out of these guys,, SHOOT THE DAM PUCK!!!!!!.

I'm all for bringing back games ending in ties. I like the 5 minute 3 on 3 in OT, but Good Lord, I can't stand the shoot out anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-18-2019, 07:54 PM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 33,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
yea so is Pasta, but what the heck are they getting at with the shoot out shenanigans. Same thing almost every time, skate around, slow down at the hash marks, and try the five hole, which by now, every goalie in the league knows what to expect out of these guys,, SHOOT THE DAM PUCK!!!!!!.

I'm all for bringing back games ending in ties. I like the 5 minute 3 on 3 in OT, but Good Lord, I can't stand the shoot out anyway.
+1. Keep it simple, 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie, 0 points if you lose in OT. Why award a team that loses?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-19-2019, 11:23 AM
Everton FC Everton FC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I hope Sid goes ahead and gets that fixed now. No sense putting it off given he's had it since training camp.
Sports hernia's are tough to recover from. Mikael Backlund had one back in 2014 (I think). He missed about 30 games. He's been an ironman, since.

Pens have a little over $2mill cap space. They could make a trade, and still be under the cap. They'll need to do something, as they are right on the cusp of barely being a wildcard team (they are one spot out of the wildcard spots, as I type).
__________________

1978 Yamaha FG-331
1971 Val Dez V66
2002 Art & Lutherie Ami Cedar
1971 Espana 2102
1962 Harmony H1203
1930s Harmony Mandolin
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-19-2019, 05:12 PM
AmericanEagle AmericanEagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
It's here - the NHL starts tonight. What teams and story lines are you following?

Go Bruins! Go Pens!
Boston Bruins!!!
__________________
Stay gold, Ponyboy.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-19-2019, 09:23 PM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 33,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Boston Bruins!!!
Marchand had 3 more points tonight.

Looking forward to seeing how the top line in hockey makes out tonight: McDavid and Draisaitl.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-20-2019, 07:14 PM
Dru Edwards Dru Edwards is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 33,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
Sports hernia's are tough to recover from. Mikael Backlund had one back in 2014 (I think). He missed about 30 games. He's been an ironman, since.

Pens have a little over $2mill cap space. They could make a trade, and still be under the cap. They'll need to do something, as they are right on the cusp of barely being a wildcard team (they are one spot out of the wildcard spots, as I type).
Are the Flames going to fire their coach?

Maple Leafs fire Babcock after a 6 game losing streak. I don't know if I'm going against the grain but I would consider his tenure in Toronto a success. He took a nothing team with no direction and lead them to 3 straight playoffs including a team record in points one season. Too bad they had to play the Bruins twice losing in game 7 both times.

Perhaps a different management style is required for these young stars?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-20-2019, 10:56 PM
sad99 sad99 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 158
Default

We've got some Flames fans here, don't we? What's going on this year?

I watched the Avs game last night and I don't think I've ever heard an arena that quiet. They hadn't scored in something like seven straight periods? They had 107 points last year to lead the west. What happened?
__________________
A Martin, a Guild, a Tele and a Strat

"Dreamin' just comes natural, like the first breath from a baby"
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=