The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-03-2023, 09:40 AM
Charter Member

Default High quality vocal harmony app

Is there any app or plugin that provides high quality vocal harmony? Baritone voice if that matters. Just wondering what exists, regardless of cost. Or is good quality and believable not to be found? Curious about this for low budget recordings but don't know what's out there. I checked out Antares Harmony Engine, was not impressed by the example they had in their video, sounded like a plugin.
Old 05-03-2023, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveMusic View Post
Is there any app or plugin that provides high quality vocal harmony? Baritone voice if that matters. Just wondering what exists, regardless of cost. Or is good quality and believable not to be found? Curious about this for low budget recordings but don't know what's out there. I checked out Antares Harmony Engine, was not impressed by the example they had in their video, sounded like a plugin.
None that I've heard are great but most are usable if you keep the harmony in the background or a lot lower than the lead vocal.

Many years ago, I had a TC-Helicon VoicePrism. It was an interesting piece of gear and had a ton of presets for adding harmonies to a track. They all sounded pretty synthetic but they were usable if you were careful in how you placed them. After a few years, I sold it because I found I wasn't using it all that much and it no longer suited my needs.

I think the current stuff has the same issue though. Heard alone, it all sounds pretty synthetic but it's possible to seat it in a mix and make the synthetic nature not so noticeable.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD