The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 08:08 PM

Default SOLD Greenfield G1 – Master Grade Adirondack and Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood

Letting go of the best guitar I’ve ever held and likely ever will hold. This guitar is truly everything one could dream of, with an other-worldly sustain and seems to shine at everything you throw at it. I could go on with superlative details, but I’m sure Greenfield’s reputation precedes him here.

Woods: Master grade Adirondack Spruce top. Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood back and sides. German Spruce Bracing.
Condition: Excellent++ with very little signs of wear and no damage. It was made in 2002 and had one owner for all its life before I acquired it, it is evident it was always played infrequently and always humidified. If I’m being very picky, there are very light scratches on headstock from string changes, and a 2-3 very shallow marks from fingernails just below the pick guard. It had a recent and flawless neck reset done at the reputable twelfth fret along with a setup and fret dress. White Calton case in excellent condition, a K&K trinity system is installed.
1 ¾” nut width, 2 3/16 bridge spacing.

The rest of the specs are attached along with pictures which can be found here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mRyx297bi9Fb4O8k1

I’m looking for a quick and hassle-free sale so I am going to offer it at the aggressive price of $OLD Pending payment with fully insured shipping and paypal included. The reasonable market value of this guitar is somewhere between $ so I believe this is going to be a great deal for someone, and I don’t think you will see this price on a Greenfield with these woods for a long time, if ever. From what I’ve read from other forum members, even if you could convince Greenfield to build with his limited stash of Brazilian, it would be an upcharge of $6-10,000 and may not be possible to get across the border due to CITES restrictions and lack of paperwork.

Guitar is currently located in Canada, but I am a 2 hour drive from the border and will drive it across to ship if the buyer is in the US. I realize some may have mixed feelings about that, but it puts all the risk on my end so I believe it will be the most convenient and stress-free option. I can discuss details with a serious buyer, but no need to discuss CITES laws in this thread as I am aware of the current regulations.

I’ve sold and traded over a dozen guitars on this forum, and can provide references from great transactions with well-known members.

Last edited by tjvh27; 05-21-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:56 AM

A beautiful instrument at a great price. GLWS.

Cincy
Old 05-13-2018, 06:04 AM

Default Tone Halo Bracing?

Does this Greenfield have the radial TONE HALO BRACING?

Thanks!

Peace!!!
Old 05-13-2018, 11:50 AM

stunning, I will own one day, for now Ill keep working............
GLWS

-OP
Old 05-13-2018, 05:49 PM

Thanks all for the kind comments, a rare beauty for sure!

This guitar has the radial bracing which is the same concept as his current bracing, but Michael hadn’t started using the tone halo yet.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:15 PM

A few interested parties but no one has pulled the trigger yet.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:25 PM

Weekend bump!
Old 05-18-2018, 11:47 PM

I am interested.. doing some numbers crunching.. keep me in the loop please. Jay
Old 05-19-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpublic95 View Post
I am interested.. doing some numbers crunching.. keep me in the loop please. Jay
Thanks Jay, let me know if things work out for you, I’ll keep you updated.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:30 PM

A couple people have asked for clarification about the neck reset so I thought I’d post some relevant info - there was very little saddle remaining on the guitar and the action and intonation were not ideal, so Greenfield was contacted about doing the neck reset. Since he has a very full building schedule he passed the task on to the twelfth fret, who did a phenomenal job. Greenfield uses hide glue so the neck reset is less invasive, and hide glue was used to complete the job. Unless you are a professional luthier I don’t believe you would know that a neck reset was done as it is clean as can be and now action/intonation are perfect with plenty of saddle for years to come.

In my opinion, and from what I’ve read from many others on the forum, a neck reset done by a reputable luthier does not reduce the value or stability of a guitar whatsoever, and in some cases increases the value since they are inevitable in most guitars’ lifetimes.

Hope that helps!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars