The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-29-2001, 09:38 AM

Question GSGW -- Whalers??

Ok, my roommate brought up an interesting point when I was viewing the pics of the Grey Whale guitar.

Why is there a whaling ship on a guitar that is supposed to honor these beautiful creatures?

Did the koi guitar have a fisherman?

Did the sea turtle have a scuba diver with speargun?

So then why something that, in essence, represents the destruction of the whales?

Just curious.

I think it's really pretty, though!
Old 01-29-2001, 06:33 PM

This was supposedly inspired by boat trip to see the whales. Don't some of those trips go by sailboat to avoid disturbing the whales with motors?

If Taylor built an aluminum topped guitar they could call it Grunnion in the Moonlight!

------------------
George Wilson
Old 01-29-2001, 08:24 PM
Nichols Custom Inlay

A big part of the Lore about whales was about the men and the sailing ships that would go out in search of them. These ships of course were not the cause of the endangerment of some species of whale. It is the modern day vessels, mostly from Japan, that can cover much larger areas of ocean and work as parts of large fleets that have done the damage.
Bill.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification