The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-25-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnitus View Post
There is no simple, one-size-fits-all solution.

I wholly agree that anyone inconsiderate enough to burn plastic (especially in residential areas) genuinely needs of some sort of "education."

The problem is that such thoughtless folks are often resistant to hearing anything from those who might speak up - stubbornly dismissive, confrontational and (sometimes) combative as they see fit.
Yes. My learning to force a smile and keep respectful dialog or just stop have been my only defense for so much that used to drive me crazy. That's brought other great benefits.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwjl View Post
Yes. My learning to force a smile and keep respectful dialog or just stop have been my only defense for so much that used to drive me crazy. That's brought other great benefits.
I respectfully suggest that the solution is not more zen, but more consequences. Destructive human behavior can sometimes only be changed by making the costs (fines/slammer) outweigh the benefits (fun with your buddies & a 24 pack).

My peace of mind doesn’t do much to improve the world my grandchildren will grow up in.

AMI-Guitars Left Handed DMC-1STEL 1

Recording King Dirty 30s Series 7 Parlor
Old 09-26-2022, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsehockey View Post
I respectfully suggest that the solution is not more zen, but more consequences. Destructive human behavior can sometimes only be changed by making the costs (fines/slammer) outweigh the benefits (fun with your buddies & a 24 pack).

My peace of mind doesn’t do much to improve the world my grandchildren will grow up in.
I still suggest the being aware and involved with your town or city hall approach and especially for your point on changing the costs or having consequences. Most are still fairly effective parts of our governance. Mayors have to show results others don't. They have ears and eyes of people who might not or don't listen to the two of us.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic