The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-03-2013, 06:20 PM

Default Wahine

Hi,

Any feedback on this would be great (including negative). It's the first thing I've properly recorded. Also, if anyone could suggest a better name that would be cool.

http://snd.sc/XMRlAl

Thanks,
Will

Last edited by KroneckerDelta; 03-03-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:53 PM

Very nice, and well played!

Just curious, what was your inspiration for the song, and what is the significance of the original name Wahine? Is their a Hawaiian connection?

Also, what type of guitar and recording setup?
GC
Old 03-04-2013, 08:10 AM

It was meant to be kind of nostalgic and beach-y. The image I had in mind was an old man building a wooden shack on a dark beach in light rain and reflecting on his life. Probably not conveyed too well but take what you want from it, it's intended to be whatever you want it to be (i tried to make it either happy or sad depending on how you look at it).

Recorded using a martin 000-15 into a rode nt1-a on one side and line in on the other + bit of reverb and some midi sounds (wind and stuff - might not be able to hear this at low volume).

It was in G wahine tuning which I found out about on wiki, its an open Gmaj7 tuning used in Hawaiian slack key guitar. So I just named it after the tuning, unimaginatively.

Thanks,
Will

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell