The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-27-2021, 04:17 PM

Default Drilling endpin hole in Gibson LG-2. Value??

Will drilling a new end pin hole in my Gibson LG-2 lower its value if and when I decide to sell it? I am installing a Trance Amulet M-VT in this guitar and was wondering.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo
Old 10-27-2021, 06:47 PM

This question comes up a lot. Yes it will absolutely turn off some potential buyers. If you're concerned about it, use a Tapastring Vintage Jack. I put one in my HD-28. Easy enough to make up a cable with a right angle make 3 mm plug on one end and a regular 1/4" plug on the other. Or you can buy cabls/adapters from Tapastring.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
Will drilling a new end pin hole in my Gibson LG-2 lower its value if and when I decide to sell it? I am installing a Trance Amulet M-VT in this guitar and was wondering.
New LG-2? Not really. There will be a few people who refuse to buy it because of the pickup. Don't count on recovering the cost of the pickup. What ae they, soundboard transducers? The easier to remove from the guitar the better when it comes to selling it.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandobart View Post
This question comes up a lot. Yes it will absolutely turn off some potential buyers. If you're concerned about it, use a Tapastring Vintage Jack. I put one in my HD-28. Easy enough to make up a cable with a right angle make 3 mm plug on one end and a regular 1/4" plug on the other. Or you can buy cabls/adapters from Tapastring.
Learn something new every day!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion