The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 10-20-2021, 09:23 PM

Default Update

Thanks all for the helpful comments
I just dropped off the guitar to my trusty tech they will check the scale length, intonations, and ensure there is nothing weird structurally on the guitar.
They told me already that they probably won't find anything based on visual inspection but they will use some precision tools to confirm.
On another note:
This D28 Marquis is an altogether different level Martin from a feel and sound perspective compared to D28 or D35 that I had. A huge neck, bigger string spacing and a huge, resonant, syrupy sound. A strumming cannon and a wonderful finger picker too.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:33 AM

Default Not a big deal.

It's not a big deal. How it sounds is far more important. I'd guess that something like that wouldn't bother Norman Blake and wouldn't have bothered Tony Rice or Doc Watson.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:54 PM

I'm just a nobody, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but if I liked the way it looked, played, felt and sounds....I'd keep her. Who will EVER notice the binding off center?
If your luthiers measurements say OK ...��
2004 Taylor 214
2011 Taylor GC4
1964 Fender Stratocaster
1965 Fender Jazz Bass
Fender Twin Reverb
Old 10-28-2021, 08:55 PM

Indeed the verdict came from my tech as a flawlessly structured phenomenal guitar. The neck being a little off center has no bearing.
Will be enjoying and writing/ singing many a wonderful songs hopefully with this wonderful specimen of the Martin d28 Marquis

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair