The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-27-2021, 12:16 PM

Default X10 slimline baritone with fluence pickups

What's the difference between this and the virtuo?

Last edited by JackDaniel; 10-27-2021 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:45 PM

Bill Hemenway already had a sizable Emerald collection and he himself says that he was looking for something “different,” hence the X10 slimline baritone with Fishman Fluence pickups. In truth, he had his guitar in the works prior to the worldwide Virtuo reveal.
Old 10-27-2021, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDaniel View Post
OK. So who in here ordered this Frankenstein guitar? I'm racking my brain over why, but can't seem to find a good answer.

In case you're wondering, it was seen in the last shipping video.

My conclusion is that whoever ordered it is so humble they could never own a guitar called virtuo so opted instead for an x10 slimline with fluence humbuckers (same thing as far as I can tell).

Thoughts?
My thoughts.

I think it’s pretty tacky to come here and criticize the choices of a purchaser who’s not a participant.

It’s a 27” scale Virtuo, tuned B-to-B, which Bill was able to order while the Virtuo was under development - as I understand it.

Sounds pretty darn cool to me.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

Last edited by David Eastwood; 10-27-2021 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:12 PM

OK. My attempts at (and what sounded in my head like) good natured humor clearly did not come across that way. I'll be rephrasing in a non offensive way. I actually was genuinely curious and not trying to mock in any way.
thank you all for answering that for me. I'll go back to being a silent reader. It's clear I'm not welcome here.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
OK. My attempts at (and what sounded in my head like) good natured humor clearly did not come across that way. I'll be rephrasing in a non offensive way. I actually was genuinely curious and not trying to mock in any way.
thank you all for answering that for me. I'll go back to being a silent reader. It's clear I'm not welcome here.
Oh, for goodness’ sake.

I’d just suggest reading what you’ve written before you post, and consider the light in which it may be taken. We’ve all ‘been there, done that’.

So, stick around. This CF corner has been fairly subdued for a while.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 10-27-2021, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I don't think that's clear. In fact, this CF sub-forum is quite welcoming to all who have or are interested in carbon fiber (and other composite) guitars. You explained your point of view after it was pointed out how your comment came across. The air is cleared and we should all be able to move on from here.

As I recall, you had an X20 and currently have an X30 and X7 (and you're considering a Virtuo)... sounds like you have a vested interest in CF. This is a good place for folks who appreciate what carbon fiber brings to the guitar experience. Stick around.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:01 PM

Thanks for that. Apologize for my overreaction. I think I was a bit taken back that what I wrote could in any way come across as antagonizing especially when what I've observed in this board has been a "unique" sense of humor. I like cf and have since emerald first started. I don't like maintainence so I'm probably a lifer.

Will try to be more cognizant from now on. I apologize to whoever ordered that x10 and cheers to you for paving the way as a trailblazer. Brilliant, honestly!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber