The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-27-2021, 06:42 PM
Charter Member

I scratched my new guitar yesterday. Thank God it was my 000-28 Authentic Aged, I couldn’t find it today. Lol
1968 Ovation 1111-4 RIP 1968-2021
Old 10-27-2021, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Roy View Post
Was jamming with my granddaughter one evening. She got into it and suddenly banged her little electric into the top of my almost-new J-45. Huge BOOM! Big dent. Everyone in the room in stunned silence. But what I remember most is the sad shock on her sweet face. Instantly told her it was no big deal. In fact, I liked the dent because it will always remind me of her. She smiled, grabbed her guitar and we kept jamming.

It was my favorite dent ever.

This may be one of my favorite AGF posts of all time. How could one be mad at this little cutie patootie??
Old 10-27-2021, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnfiddler View Post
I’ve had my D41 since June of 2018 and it finally got its first Scratch!! Hallelujah!! Now, I can finally quit worrying about it being in pristine condition and just play it! I bet that wasn’t how you thought this post was going to go!!
It was not the way I thought it was going but I love the way it ended. And may I congratulate you on your first scratch. Carry on now
Old 10-28-2021, 11:10 PM

Yeah I'm hoping that day comes with my Guild, but I just can't be careless. After the first couple it's all good.
Old 10-29-2021, 02:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Was jamming with my granddaughter one evening. She got into it and suddenly banged her little electric into the top of my almost-new J-45. Huge BOOM! Big dent. Everyone in the room in stunned silence. But what I remember most is the sad shock on her sweet face. Instantly told her it was no big deal. In fact, I liked the dent because it will always remind me of her. She smiled, grabbed her guitar and we kept jamming.

This is fantastic, love it!
Old 11-03-2021, 04:55 PM

Quote:

You’re good granddad. And good on TN for looking at the bright side.
Old 11-03-2021, 06:44 PM

Quote:
It doesn’t have anything to do with my playing technique, I just don’t have to worry about being so cautious with it now. I can relax and focus on playing, versus always worrying about my guitar getting dinged or scratched.
Sorry, but I still don't see how this isn't a false dichotomy. I always relax and focus on playing, and I'm still very careful not to get dings and scratches.

But relaxing and focusing on playing is always a good idea no matter how you get there. Enjoy it.
Alvarez 12 String
Gibson ES345s
Fender P-Bass
Gibson tenor banjo
Old 11-03-2021, 08:58 PM

I put a deep ding in the top of my then year old D-41. Was heart-broken at the time, but now I just enjoy it without worrying about it any more. It is simply a lesson we all have to learn and accept in one way or another in life. Nothing stays the same, and nothing lasts forever.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I’ve had my D41 since June of 2018 and it finally got its first Scratch!! Hallelujah!! Now, I can finally quit worrying about it being in pristine condition and just play it! I bet that wasn’t how you thought this post was going to go!!
Here's to wishing you many more!
Oh, wait...
Old 11-04-2021, 06:11 PM

It is like a heartbreak, at the beginning it is poorly digested and then it recovers. Take it as a mark of affection and unique to your guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion