The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-26-2021, 08:41 AM
Charter Member

Default JT and JB tore it up last nite…

James Taylor and Jackson Browne are currently touring one of the finest shows you’ll ever see….they came to Portland last night with their. respective bands and very creative stage show…. the bands were stacked with stellar players and backup vocalists and the arrangements and delivery were as good as it gets….the sound and lights were crazy good….they performed both new stuff and familiar hits from the past….their duets we’re touching and put their mutual admiration on full display….2 of the greatest still killin it….

…their tour continues…if they’re coming to your town do yourself a favor and grab some tickets…you’ll be glad you did….
Old 10-26-2021, 08:55 AM
Charter Member

They'll be in the next town over from me on Nov. 16... but I'll be
in Tennessee...

-Mike
Old 10-26-2021, 09:06 AM
Anticipation Junkie

They’ll be performing in my town next April. We’ve had tickets since they were first offered when JT and Bonnie Raitt were supposed to be performing together. I was looking forward to seeing Raitt. Oh well. JB, who I saw in the late ‘70s, is a very worthy replacement.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
They’ll be performing in my town next April. We’ve had tickets since they were first offered when JT and Bonnie Raitt were supposed to be performing together. I was looking forward to seeing Raitt. Oh well. JB, who I saw in the late ‘70s, is a very worthy replacement.
…trust me…Jackson Browne and band will not disappoint….they launched into Running on Empty and I totally time warped back to the late seventies when I first saw Jackson Browne touring The Road at DAR Hall in D.C.…..it wasn’t just as good…it was better!….I know that’s a bold claim but I’ll stand by it…
Old 10-26-2021, 10:50 AM

Saw them in Hershey, PA this summer. So much talent, so many memories. See them if you can.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:47 AM
Charter Member

Wow! I just checked and they are scheduled to be in Grand Rapids on December 10th. That's near my birthday, might be a nice gift to myself.
Old 10-27-2021, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

I have two tickets to the November 1 show. I had forgotten about it since the original show had been postponed so long ago, then a week ago - SURPRISE - envelope from JT with tix.
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic