The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-26-2021, 01:20 PM

Default Tonedexter does it again.

A couple of years ago I bought a nylon string electric, Godin Multiac Grand Concert Duet Ambiance. A great guitar. I already owned a Tonedexter when I bought this guitar. Part of the allure was the Fishman microphone modeling electronics built in. It has a piezo pickup, as well as the microphone images. You can blend between the two. It is actually very versatile. I was content using the microphone images and EQ, getting a good amplified tone. The microphone modeling images don't work well with the Tonedexter, so I was bypassing the Tonedexter when I plugged into my pedal board. Just the other day, I tried using just the built-in undersaddle piezo pickup and the Tonedexter. I am using a wave map that I created from one of my steel-string guitars. In my opinion, it sounds better and more natural than using the Fishman microphone modeling images. Also, I picked up a Cordoba GK Pro Negra last week. It has a built-in dual-source Fishman pickup and microphone that you can blend together. I find that the piezo pickup and the Tonedexter sounds much more natural and pleasing to my ears than using the built-in microphone that comes with this dual-source system. I'm not knocking the Fishman electronics, but with either nylon string guitar, they both sound much better, using the built-in undersaddle pickup through Tonedexter wave map, than they do using the actual internal microphone or mic-modeling circuitry. +1 over and over again for James May and the Audio Sprockets team. The Tonedexter makes all my steel-string and nylon-string guitars sound incredible.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification