The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-23-2021, 03:34 AM

Default Perfect Day (Lou Reed) - fingerstyle

Another simple one, not my arrangement this time, but it's too nice a tune not to share.

Always thought this was a bleak piece of music sung facetiously, but apparently I'm wrong, and it is in fact meant genuinely. Hope you all have a perfect day.

Old 10-23-2021, 01:44 PM

Very good job Mike, thanks

https://remylefer.bandcamp.com/follow_me

https://open.spotify.com/album/6trcd...qGm8CDlKj8yFiQ

Old 10-23-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrfinger View Post
Another simple one, not my arrangement this time, but it's too nice a tune not to share.

Always thought this was a bleak piece of music sung facetiously, but apparently I'm wrong, and it is in fact meant genuinely. Hope you all have a perfect day.

That's gorgeous, so sombre and beautifully played. Interesting to hear Lou's thoughts on it. Maybe one time out of ten I'd say Sister Ray is my fave tune ever but not exactly an acoustic standard! Do you mind me asking where you learned Perfect Day?
Old 10-23-2021, 05:29 PM

Of course, I put a link in the YouTube video. It's based on the arrangement by Tony Rowden. It's rare these days I play others arrangements but his arrangement fit nicely, and with capo on the the first fret it's in the original key. I didn't change much, added some bass notes and changed some fingering positions. Glad you liked it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell