The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-27-2021, 02:56 PM
Charter Member

Nice red label FS5 used guitar center for sale....wont be for sale long!
Old 10-27-2021, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proclaimer888 View Post
Nice red label FS5 used guitar center for sale....wont be for sale long!
FSX5 too. Same price.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:24 PM
Runaway Tomato

I've never heard anyone badmouth Yamaha. I have a friend that had one in the 1970s, and traded it in for a more expensive, high-zoot brand (which I will not name, but it started with s G - i - b and ended with an s - o - n) - and within a month he took it back wanting his Yahama back. Fortunately it was still at the shop! When he didn't have that Yamaha, he looked like he had lost his best friend.
Former AGF Moderator
Old 10-27-2021, 06:43 PM

Yep, I got lucky, guessed correctly .and ordered an “open box” FG-830 from G.C. That was at the beginning of 2020, the pandemic, et al. I was going on several good reviews and that’s really about all. I was not disappointed. My Yamie is a keeper for sure. I like everything about it. The tobacco sunburst is phenomenal and the sound? Well, it has much more capability than my 18 months of self teaching can wring out of it, but it sounds as good to me as anything that I have heard for under $1,000.

I liked it so much that I decided to step up a notch and ordered an LL-16 ARE. It’s the plain Jane version with no bling at all, and that’s exactly the way I prefer it. Unfortunately the sunburst version was not available and the LL-16 in any form is scarcer than lips on a chicken at this time, so I settled for the natural finish. I can learn to live wit it.
Old 10-27-2021, 11:03 PM
Charter Member

Yamaha guitars for the last 40 years have been great buys for very modest cost. I bought my son one and he learned on it when he was in high school. I bought my grand daughter one only a few years ago.

The FG-830 is a heck of a buy. Yamaha made a very smart move scalloping the bracing to bring out a little more bass and liven up the guitar.

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion