The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-10-2017, 12:44 PM

I have a Taylor nylon string crossover (listed in my signature block). I bought it thru Reverb at a great price. Lovely guitar. You might want to check Reverb. Many good guitars/good deals.

"We are music fingered by the gods." ~ Mark Nepo
Old 02-10-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
Godin makes really nice nylon string guitars. I have two - a Multiac Encore 7 string and a Multiac ACS SA 6 string.

These instruments seem to have consistently high quality from what I have seen across several examples over time.

However, these instruments require amplification. some models have hollowed chambers inside the guitar body so you can hear it well enough for personal practice unamplified. If you want an acoustic instrument, then some of the other recommendations in this thread may be a better fit. For performing/live playing amplified, the Godin is perfect because you should have little to no problems with feedback.

Tony
Yes.....I've seen these Godin guitars during my last visit to my local guitar store (around 6 months ago). I recall them now as the sound hole isn't in the conventional place in the centre of the guitars top.....it is located above the fretboard on the guitars shoulder. Hope to give a couple a play next time I'm there. Sound volume/projection shouldn't be an issue as I'm a home player only.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:20 PM

Here's a bit of crossover info from my old website:

http://web.archive.org/web/201603282...Crossover.html
Old 02-10-2017, 05:48 PM

Default Re the MultiAC

Godin's MultiAC line are superb instruments. I've played a couple of the nylon-strung ones, and the neck is really nice; 1 7/8" instead of the usual 2" classical width, it's radiused, and the shape feels more like a regular acoustic than the hefty classical neck.

The 'soundhole' on the shoulder is actually the controls for the dual-source sound system; the electronics, which vary by model, are top-notch. The couple I've played are really intended for amplified use, and there are very fine acoustic nylon-strung guitars out there for a lot less - Godin's La Patries, for example - but if you want to use an amp, the MultiAC is probably as good as it gets.

Since I'm strictly a living room-kitchen party picker, I can't justify the cost of new one, but I must confess that I do lurk in the bushes on Kijiji, looking for a MultiAC going at a sacrifice price...
Old 02-10-2017, 06:13 PM

I have the Yamaha NTX1200R. Nothing to write home about unplugged but it excels plugged. I replaced the nut with one cut for wider string spacing. The fretboard has room enough for that without getting too close to the edges with the e-strings.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
Here's a bit of crossover info from my old website:

http://web.archive.org/web/201603282...Crossover.html
Thanks for the link to a very enjoyable read.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:18 PM

Default Breedlove Studio N250CRE

I very much enjoy playing my Breedlove Studio...solid, fan-braced cedar top with rosewood laminate B&S. The nut is a 1 7/8" and the fretboard has a 19" radius with abalone position markers. The guitar also has an LR Baggs pickup with barn-door preamp/controls. I don't usually care for barn-door installations, but in this case I'm glad I have it...with the onboard tuner it is very convenient since nylon strings do go out of tune a lot.

It doesn't take me very long to get used to the neck dimensions after playing my steel string axes and it's nice having the cutaway. The tone is pretty good un-amplified, but where this one shines is when I plug into my PA and add slight compression and reverb/echo...instant John Williams!

The overall quality of this guitar (Korean-made) is excellent...nice tuners, etc., and it came with one of those high-end Breedlove hardshell cases. I found it used at Elderly a few years back for about six bones.

Incidentally and FWIW, I'm also impressed with the Godin Multiac nylon-strings mentioned earlier...the one shaped like a Tele.
Taylor 412K ('96)
Yamaha LL16-12 (SOLD)
PRS 'Studio' (SOLD)
Rickenbacker 660-12 (SOLD)
Fender USA Deluxe Strat
Fender USA Roadhouse Strat
Fender MIM/USA Partscaster
Fender MIM Nashville Tele
Kelsey Custom Hardtail Strat
Fender MIM P-Bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion