The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-09-2020, 05:44 AM

I just pulled the braided metal pickup wire out from under the saddle, haven't cut the wire in case I change my mine but I can hear a difference for sure.
More bass chunk, more woody tone. Very happy with the result
Old 07-09-2020, 12:22 PM
Charter Member

Cool Nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
jseth, glad to hear that you noticed the difference. I played your Mark Angus about 5 years ago and I remember it sounded great (as did all your guitars).

I read another thread that you're downsizing. Are you keeping your Angus 6 and 12 strings and the Gibson (335)?
Dru;

Yes, I'm downsizing to just three guitars... the Gibson ES-345 stays, the Mark Angus 12 string (#58) stays...

But I'm going to part with my old buddy; the Angus #35 is gong to a good friend who I know will play it and love it... Dru, you wouldn't believe the difference between the guitar now versus the guitar you played 5 years ago; there really is very little comparison with that "squishy" UST out of it!

I just received my Goodall Concert Jumbo; at this point, it is the guitar I plan on playing for the "duration"... only had a couple days to play it and get familiar with it... really different to hear a rosewood guitar after playing primarily a maple/spruce guitar for the past 41 years! Took my ears a good while to get used to...

Of course, having the Angus back, sounding like I KNEW it sounded like, doesn't make the decision any easier...

Fortunately the Goodall CJC is a fantastic instrument and I love it... same size as the Angus (give or take), but much more accurate and precise... I feel I can get a lot of mileage from this one!!!

(NGD coming, as soon as I get decent pics of the it...)
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 07-09-2020, 12:39 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hey jseth, living not far from Laguna Beach, I’ve played many of Mark Angus’s guitars. They are terrific. Glad to hear that yours recovered it’s mojo. Congrats on the new Goodall concert jumbo which I’m sure is fantastic!
Old 07-09-2020, 01:10 PM
Charter Member

I found the Lyric to be lacking in low end. Works OK as part of the Anthem, but not on it's own IMHO. K&Ks didn't last to long in a guitar I bought with them already in it. K&Ks just need too much EQ . I'm glad I found Dazzos.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion