The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 07:43 AM
Charter Member

Default Requesting photos of people with Emerald Guitars

As many of you know, Alistair and I are working on a book about Emerald Guitars. Some of you have been kind enough to agree to let me interview you, and I really appreciate it.

I am now putting out a request for any and everyone willing to pose for a photo with their Emerald or (if this is the case) their multiple Emerald guitars. I already have photos of a couple of folks with theirs, and would really like to add more.

If you are willing to include a photo of yourself with your Emerald(s), please PM me and I will give you my email address where you can send it. Alternatively, if it is online just PM me a link and your name. Or, you can post it in this thread. If you have friends that have Emeralds that are not on the forum, please spread the word.

Thanks very much. I am hoping to get at least 50 or so people so if you are willing, please let me know.

PS - all of this keeps me from going crazy waiting on my Emerald. I ordered in July and the latest estimate from Alistair was around Christmas. But good things come to those that wait.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass

Last edited by wickedwahine; 11-18-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:14 AM
Charter Member

Feel free to use any of the photos on my acoustic duo band's website of my wife and I. I have a bunch of photos of us where I'm playing/holding my X20 since it's my primary performance axe. I have another custom Emerald on the way and as soon as that comes in I'll get some photos of that one up as well. Here's the link to our website:

www.no1uknowband.com
Old 11-17-2018, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Feel free to use any of the photos on my acoustic duo band's website of my wife and I. I have a bunch of photos of us where I'm playing/holding my X20 since it's my primary performance axe. I have another custom Emerald on the way and as soon as that comes in I'll get some photos of that one up as well. Here's the link to our website:

www.no1uknowband.com
Thanks very much.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 11-17-2018, 05:40 PM

I'll try to find a wide angle lens.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-17-2018, 11:57 PM

I'll try and get you one tomorrow
Old 11-18-2018, 12:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
I'll try and get you one tomorrow
Thank you.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:57 AM

I'll snap a picture on the day my x20 arrives, hopefully soon.

Dan
Fender Ukelele

https://youtube.com/channel/UC7aq_u2nyCgtIPffgyWob1A
Old 11-18-2018, 12:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danz567 View Post
I'll snap a picture on the day my x20 arrives, hopefully soon.

Dan
Great, thank you.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:16 PM
Charter Member

I was able to meet up with Alistair in Ireland and purchased this 2017 March Select Series.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crnazz View Post
I was able to meet up with Alistair in Ireland and purchased this 2017 March Select Series.

[IMG][/IMG]
Thank you. Sending you a PM to get your name to attribute the photo.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
Thank you.
Just sent you a PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:51 PM

feel free to use the one of Jim and me in the "Too many emeralds!" thread!
Old 11-19-2018, 09:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by byudzai View Post
feel free to use the one of Jim and me in the "Too many emeralds!" thread!
Thank you so much for the generous offer. Alas, since they are not all Emeralds, it probably won’t work for my purposes. That is a McPherson in the middle, right? Would you consider letting me use the one of just you?

Last edited by wickedwahine; 11-20-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:13 PM

This is a group shot of some of my Emerald Guitars. This shot includes a couple of 9-strings with my daughters' names (Norah and Erin) in resin, a baritone 12/6 MIDI Chimaera, fretless Balor, short-scale 16" nylon Amicus (full octave up - sounds incredible), pair of X7's short-scale (21" scale 1/4 up to "A"), various X20s with different features. I have a number of other custom one-offs that I can shoot at another time.

Emerald GTRs Panoramic by Chris Dignam, on Flickr

Chris

Last edited by Dubh1805; 11-20-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:37 PM

See, I have control after all, compared to some anyway... 15 is a bit much... 14 maybe.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 11-20-2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: punctuation
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber