The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-15-2018, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Default 2008 Goodall Traditional Dreadnought - EIR/European Spruce - Now $3250

Serial #TRD 5429. Build completion date: 3-12-08
Dreadnought size Flattop guitar. 15 7/8” lower bout width, 4¾” deep at end pin
Solid AAA Grade East Indian Rosewood back and sides with Chevron marquetry back strip
Solid Master Grade European Spruce top with herringbone rosette and purfling
Gloss finish on body and peghead veneer
Mahogany satin finish one-piece neck
25.5" scale / 1.75" nut width / 2.25” string spacing at saddle
White Maple binding on body and peghead
Mother of Pearl notched square fretboard inlays
Ebony peghead veneer with Blacklip Mother of Pearl “G” inlay
Ebony fretboard, bridge, and fretboard binding
Boxwood bridge pins and end pin, all with abalone center dots
Waverly nickel tuners with Ivoroid knobs
Bone nut and saddle
Tortis pickguard
Ameritage Humidity Control hardshell case

This Traditional Dreadnought model is in excellent condition overall. Its top and sides are near perfect, and there is only very minor fret wear on the first fret (treble string side). However, I did note the following cosmetic blemishes: 1. there is a tiny ding on the bass side of the back of the neck near the 5th fret. 2. there are a few minor shallow scratches on the back - - on the bass side of the lower bout near the back strip. 3. and the pickguard shows the usual pick marks from strumming.

The Ameritage case is in excellent condition with the exception of a broken latch (on the treble side of the neck). I did get a replacement from Ameritage, but they sent me a "gold" finish latch instead of the original chrome. I haven't had the new latch installed, but it's included with the guitar. The remaining five latches work perfectly.

The guitar is currently strung with light gauge Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze strings. The action is comfortable at 5/64” and 4/64” at the 12th fret for the low E and high E strings, respectively. The neck relief measures .010” at the 5th fret. To my ear, the guitar sounds warm and full, with the characteristic Goodall lushness.

I'm continuing to downsize in anticipation of an upcoming retirement move to a Florida home with less storage space.

This guitar would have a current new build list price of $8400, with a street price of $7560. (You can email me to request a 2018 Goodall Price List.)

$3250 shipped in the continental USA if paid by check or other non-fee method.

Please contact martz911@optonline.net with questions.

No trade offers please.

Sorry for the grass blade reflections in some of the pictures of the guitar's back.

Last edited by Martz911; 03-31-2018 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

More pictures:

Old 03-15-2018, 01:45 PM
Charter Member

Great price for a late Kona built TRD! The Ameritage case makes it an even better deal. This will not last long.

You would also be hard pressed to find a more knowledgeable guy on Goodalls than Larry. Great seller here!
Old 03-15-2018, 04:38 PM
Charter Member

I bought a guitar from Larry recently and he is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. A true gentleman in every sense.

This is a smokin' deal for this guitar. These traditionals from Goodall are nothing short of astounding. Buy with confidence!
Old 03-17-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brencat View Post
I bought a guitar from Larry recently and he is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. A true gentleman in every sense.

This is a smokin' deal for this guitar. These traditionals from Goodall are nothing short of astounding. Buy with confidence!
I have to agree. Absolutely wonderful person to work with. Very knowledgable, very easy (and enjoyable) to talk to. He knows his stuff.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:31 AM

You've played several different Goodall dreads Larry, shapes and woods, how would you say this one stacks up and sounds compared to the others?
2014 H&D TDR Custom Brazilian/Red Spruce 45 trim

Blue Chip, Clayton, and a handful of Fender Heavys
D'Addario, Martin
Old 03-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Charter Member

Montesdad wrote:

Quote:
You've played several different Goodall dreads Larry, shapes and woods, how would you say this one stacks up and sounds compared to the others?
I have played and owned a number of Goodall Traditional Dreads with various types of Rosewood back & sides, and I must admit that they are more similar than different - - meaning they all have plenty of bass and volume and fullness. I think the European Spruce top on this one produces a warmer, "rounder" sound in comparison to the more present mid-range punch of the Goodall Dreads I have played with Adirondack or Bear Claw Sitka tops.

I hope this helps . . .
Old 03-31-2018, 05:49 AM
Charter Member

Now $3250 shipped in the continental USA if paid by check.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:19 PM

Default What are you keeping?

Can’t help but notice that you’re selling several Goodalls... as a Goodall fan myself with three Goodalls (two are FB builds), I would be curious to know what Goodalls are “keepers” for you....Good luck with your sales!
Old 04-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Charter Member

Reso1 wrote:

Quote:
Can’t help but notice that you’re selling several Goodalls... as a Goodall fan myself with three Goodalls (two are FB builds), I would be curious to know what Goodalls are “keepers” for you....Good luck with your sales!
Thanks for your reply. I don't mean to sound flippant, but all of my Goodalls have been "keepers" - - I've never played a bad one. But due to my upcoming move South to a home with less storage space, I'm forced to make some decisions, and some of my guitars are duplicates or "near" duplicates of others in my collection due to similar body sizes and wood combinations. So the decisions on which ones to let go get a little easier if I can remove "multiples". I hope that makes sense.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

Bump for Larry here. I don’t know how a guitar this good is still unsold for this price. If you’re thinking of buying a typical Martin dread instead of this, with all due respect, please see a doctor

Cmon’ AGF...let’s go!!!
Old 04-13-2018, 07:20 AM
Charter Member

Default Goodall bump to the top....

I honestly can't believe this guitar has not sold yet. Like Larry, I'm a huge Goodall enthusiast and can only imagine how sublime this dread must sound/play. These TRD's do everything, from delicate fingerstyle to full on strumming. The European spruce top must surely enhance the obvious Goodall qualities & the price makes this an absolute killer deal. Larry is one of the most trusted & likeable guys on the forum. So I'll give this a friendly nudge to the top because this is such a stellar guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars