The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 05-02-2022, 11:29 AM

Default Larrivee DV-10E Sitka/EIR Acoustic Electric w/Cutaway - PRICE DROP

*OFF MARKET FOR NOW* You don't see these too often, folks! The 2000-era Larrivee DV-10e was the top of the line in every way, and built in the golden era of Larrivee in their Vancouver shop.

It features a very nice and useful cutaway with factory-installed electronics and - unlike some other models of that era - no control panel cut into the side. The solid Canadian Sitka spruce top picked from the finest selection in Larrivee's inventory. The back and sides are top grade East Indian Rosewood with beautiful abalone purfling and sound hole rosette. The neck is similarly inlaid with abalone and mother of pearl in a sequential opening flower motif. Comes with original hard shell Larrivee case, which is in excellent condition.

This guitar is very much a showcase of the best craftsmanship Larrivee has to offer, and also exhibits the signature balance, warmth and sparkle that Larrivees have come to be known for. If you have not had the pleasure of playing one of their instruments, they strike and excellent balance between the power and projection of a Martin and the balance and top-end sparkle of a Taylor.

Additional specs:

Neck: One-piece solid Mahogany, 1 11/16" nut width
Fingerboard and Bridge: Ebony, with 2 3/16" string spacing
Includes piezo pickup, Strap button (not always found on these models)

There are a couple of blemishes to note. First, there are 2 surface dings on the top near the edge of the lower bout. You have to hold the guitar at just the right angle to see them, but I've tried my best to capture them in the photos. There is one slight ding about halfway up the neck, I don't ever seem to feel it or notice it. Again, I had to look hard to photograph it. There are also two scratches on the side of the upper bout. These seem to be stable, and have been cosmetically treated to render them less noticeable. All of these have been factored into the price of what is an otherwise stunning guitar.

A little context for you: I've owned a D-09e for over 20 years (same basic guitar without the bling), and it has been my go-to guitar for EVERYTHING. While dozens of other guitars have come and gone, the D-09e has remained. I bought this DV-10e, which was in better condition and had the cutaway and no cut-out for the pickup controls) and I would sell the other one, but I found I have a bond with the -09 that I can't let go of, so off goes the DV-10e!

AGF Price is $2875 shipped CONUS. Will accept no-fee PP Friends and Family if we have a written agreement, otherwise you pay any fees. I have very good feedback buying and selling on the forum, so proceed with confidence Thanks!

Last edited by musicmandave; 05-25-2022 at 08:04 AM. Reason: off market
Old 05-05-2022, 12:14 PM

bump to the top!
Old 05-10-2022, 07:31 AM

Bump for a beautiful Larry.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:45 AM

Price drop!
Old 05-21-2022, 12:39 PM

Bump for a great guitar!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars