The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-03-2003, 09:43 PM

Unhappy Ear infection (bummer!)

Well, for the past week or so I have been suffering from a reeeaaally bad middle ear infection (at least that's what the doctor said it was). If no improvement, then back to the doctor's I go tomorrow.

Unfortunately, my Taylor (or anything else) just doesn't sound as good as usual because I have lost some of the high frequencies in my right ear (left is OK) - sounds like I'm hearing through cotton.

For the past week this ear feels like it is under pressure (kind of like when you have an altitude change) which I presume is from fluid within. If you swallow to relieve it, it comes back almost immediately.

Hopefully this condition is temporary, but it has become an major annoyance over the past week. Doc's got me on antibiotics and decongestants, but no major improvement.

I sure hope I don't have to end up having sinus surgery or anything like that.

Has anyone else ever had a persistent ear inflection?
Old 08-04-2003, 07:23 AM

Had one awhile back. Seems like it took a good month to shake it totally. Good Luck !
W65ce

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification