The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-16-2020, 09:56 PM
Charter Member

Default Bizarre USPS Tracking mystery

We mailed a flat rate USPS Priority box to a client in Texas, and it arrived just fine. A second one sent two days later, to the same address, didn’t arrive. Tracking showed it going step by step from us in CA to a distribution center in Texas. Then 6 hours later, it says it was delivered to someone named Napoleon in Culver City, CA, a physical impossibility considering the distance from CA to Texas.

I requested proof of delivery from the USPO, and it showed our customer's name as the original recipient, then another name for the person's address it was actually delivered to (Napoleon), the name of the person who signed for it, with an illegible scribble, and CV-19 handwritten below the signature.

My son got through to USPS customer service. The rep opened a case, said it was probably still somewhere in Texas, and that she would call our customer’s local Post Office, and call us back. Well we didn’t get a call back, so will have to call them again tomorrow. The package was insured with signature required. Very strange! Other than a random glitch, any ideas?
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 07-16-2020, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seannx View Post
We mailed a flat rate USPS Priority box to a client in Texas, and it arrived just fine. A second one sent two days later, to the same address, didn’t arrive. Tracking showed it going step by step from us in CA to a distribution center in Texas. Then 6 hours later, it says it was delivered to someone named Napoleon in Culver City, CA, a physical impossibility considering the distance from CA to Texas.

I requested proof of delivery from the USPO, and it showed our customer's name as the original recipient, then another name for the person's address it was actually delivered to (Napoleon), the name of the person who signed for it, with an illegible scribble, and CV-19 handwritten below the signature.

My son got through to USPS customer service. The rep opened a case, said it was probably still somewhere in Texas, and that she would call our customer’s local Post Office, and call us back. Well we didn’t get a call back, so will have to call them again tomorrow. The package was insured with signature required. Very strange! Other than a random glitch, any ideas?
I was a letter carrier for 33 years and now and then I did see some strange things pertaining to packages going to my route. If it was scanned in TX for sure than it is most likely still there but how in the world would someone in CA have signed for it? Odd.

As far as customer service goes, well I wish you luck. They will most likely tell you what you want to hear while they have no clue either. But if you insured it and it somehow got delivered to CA then I would think you get your money back. Good luck to you in this but you may need to be patient while it plays out.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:

An online seller of men’s colognes mailed samples to me ...twice...flat rate.
Neither has arrived. I contacted the shipper and verified my address. Everything was in order. I checked with my local post office to see if they were being held for lack of postage. Nope. I asked if they had been returned to the sender...nope.
The shipper says they were shipped.
They told me they will re-ship again today.
Apparently, someone at the postal services got some nice cologne samples or I was fibbed to.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 07-17-2020, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
...I requested proof of delivery from the USPO, and it showed our customer's name as the original recipient, then another name for the person's address it was actually delivered to (Napoleon), the name of the person who signed for it, with an illegible scribble, and CV-19 handwritten below the signature...
Doesn't this mean that the postal carrier, not "Napoleon" signed for this because of covid19 precautions???
Martin 000-15sm
Old 07-17-2020, 01:54 PM
Charter Member

That was a possibility I considered because of the scribbled CV-19, but it still didn't explain why a package addressed to Frisco, TX was shown delivered to Culver City. Called the local post office Frisco today. The guy who helped me checked the tracking on his end, and it showed the package delivered to and signed by our customer this am. She thinks he probably just put it in her box, and is going to check. He said it was a carrier mistake. Just heard that she has it, mystery solved!
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 07-17-2020, 02:00 PM

Just Wednesday I had a package sent from Florida to California, via Fed-Ex.. I got two notices both dated Wednesday, that the package had been delivered to my house first at 11:58, then again at 6:58 last night. I flagged down the Fed-Ex driver, and sure enough he had my package listed on his manifest, but it was not in his truck. I thought GREAT he gave it to someone else.
I contacted the seller and she filed a missing package with Fed-Ex.
I go to the POST OFFICE yesterday to get my mail and I have a pick up slip in my P.O. Box. It's the package from Florida. Sent Fed-Ex, delivered to the Post Office. I know Fed-Ex has a contract to transport USPS mail, But not exactly like that.
The real kicker, the lady says it's $36.00 Postage due. It just so happens I know the Post Master at our Office, and she waived the charge.

Ed
Old 07-17-2020, 06:45 PM
Charter Member

Note to self: when sending a package "signature required," specify whose signature is required.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
Note to self: when sending a package "signature required," specify whose signature is required.
I believe that's gone out the window during the covid19 era...
Martin 000-15sm
Old 07-17-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
That was a possibility I considered because of the scribbled CV-19, but it still didn't explain why a package addressed to Frisco, TX was shown delivered to Culver City. Called the local post office Frisco today. The guy who helped me checked the tracking on his end, and it showed the package delivered to and signed by our customer this am. She thinks he probably just put it in her box, and is going to check. He said it was a carrier mistake. Just heard that she has it, mystery solved!
The scanners today have GPS on them and if someone wanted to put the time it that could help. I had a parcel showing delivered to me but it was not and I called. The supervisor pulled up the gps and figured out that it went to the same street number but the wrong street a couple of streets over.

The delivered in CA is just odd.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:38 PM

Default packages not delivered

I am currently dealing with 3 separate non deliveries from the USPS that started out with tracking...then nothing. All packages are now unaccounted for. I recommend a stoppage of shipping with the USPS unless you feel impervious to what is getting to be a constant occurrence.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic