The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax Burgess View Post
What group or performer holds the record for most retirement tours?
I saw The Who in 1983, on their Farewell Tour...................
Old 07-16-2020, 12:29 PM

What does the J- stand for?
Old 07-16-2020, 12:34 PM

To keep peace of mind,

I think practice in some virtual social distancing needs to happen.

I'm trying to practice that right now, it's working.

J
Old 07-16-2020, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

Relatively new here, but I've been a member of several forums just like this one. It seems they all have the same people, just different names. I think that for me, I'm not a serious person. I try not to take myself very seriously. I certainly am not a serious guitar player and never intend to be. I'm just having fun playing the guitar. I like coming here and reading peoples thoughts and comments, even if I don't take them seriously. I like to comment as well. The problem I find myself in often is that there are some real serious people on these forums, and they take themselves very seriously. I think that is great if they are serious guitar players. I think sometimes that my lack there of wears on those people. They do not think that playing the guitar is anything to joke around about. So if someone is offended by my lack of reverence, please just PM me before you put me on your ignore list. I mean no offense to anyone. If I know who you are I will make it a point to quit whatever it is that I'm doing that aggravates you when you are around. Just putting that out right now.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:54 PM
Charter Member

I don't think much of anything posted on a forum really matters that much to anyone, IMHO. The way I see it most posts are for the edification of the poster. Not many people really read them. Sorry. I don't believe many people read through three pages of posts before they post a comment. Not alone ten or fifteen pages. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. If I see a mushroom cloud in the distance I'm not going to run to my computer and look up the AGF to see if I crossed some PC line somewhere. But hey, that's me.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road

Last edited by Kerbie; 07-16-2020 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Quote deleted.
Old 07-16-2020, 01:04 PM

Forbidden territories is a great place to start for AGF. If you have been around other forums you quickly find that this one is probably moderated at a level not seen elsewhere, and is done pretty well. If you have been to any of the other sites you quickly learn that the "be nice" rule is very simple and effective. I appreciate the mods here enforcing it with intensity.

i don't Facebook, Tweet, Insta, or any of it. This place is it, and as much as I value and appreciate this forum, I'm also sometimes (unfortunately), reminded of why I've stayed away from all of those other places to begin with. I've found that taking a break is a great way to put my own emotions in check, and to simply stick to talking about.....ACOUSTIC GUITARS!. I mean we all love music and we all love guitars right? I think?
Old 07-16-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
The moderators may send you a P.M.
If not you can certainly inquire of one of them. They are very good at getting back to me if I have a question or concern.
Yup. I've asked before. I recently even sent a compliment. I didn't see what I wrote being a problem, but once it was pointed out to me I easily could see that it might set someone off, and here's the kicker, that half a sentence was unnecessary in the post. The edit didn't change anything of substance, and removed a possible firestarter.

I actually think about that these days. Sometimes I miss, but I try.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jelly View Post
I don't think much of anything posted on a forum really matters that much to anyone, IMHO. The way I see it most posts are for the edification of the poster. Not many people really read them. Sorry. I don't believe many people read through three pages of posts before they post a comment. Not alone ten or fifteen pages. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. If I see a mushroom cloud in the distance I'm not going to run to my computer and look up the AGF to see if I crossed some PC line somewhere. But hey, that's me.
I didn't read your post (just kidding), but I found it interesting. If I saw a mushroom cloud in the distance, I would think it was somebody's NGD post gone haywire.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...

Last edited by tbeltrans; 07-16-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Covid thread? ...what Covid thread?
Ha, I’ve learned it’s best to stay out of that one. It’s become quite preachy, especially if you aren’t in agreement with certain people. To avoid any rules conflict, I just bite my tongue.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:54 PM

If I want a couple of eye rolls, I visit that thread.

In all seriousness, I think this virus should be put on the same list as other forbidden topics.

J

Last edited by MartinGibsonFan; 07-16-2020 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussL30 View Post
Ha, I’ve learned it’s best to stay out of that one. It’s become quite preachy, especially if you aren’t in agreement with certain people. To avoid any rules conflict, I just bite my tongue.
It’s impossible to have an honest conversation about it without violating the rules. And that’s all I’ve got to say about that
Old 07-16-2020, 04:31 PM

Here's a thought, someone could start an Anti Covid thread, i mean, if a Covid thread is allowed, why not an Anti Covid thread.

I know this is totally off topic of the original post, but something to think about.

j
Old 07-16-2020, 04:37 PM
Charter Member

CLOSED. This is not the thread to post complaints about the forum. The rules cover how to handle that. This is not the place to dump on the OP. If he wanted you to know why he has had enough, he would have told you. This is not the place to complain about past moderator actions. The rules also cover that. This is not the place to discuss the coronavirus... doing so is simply hijacking.

If you can't find something polite to say, move on. There is no reason to speculate about any member who wants to leave. Frankly, after watching some of the actions here, I don't blame him. If anyone wants to complain to me about this post, PM me.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic