The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-01-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsmarle View Post
'My email/complaint to Eastman'
2) My main concern though is to do with the neck and some of the geometry associated with the structural build.I will send you an email with some photographs outlining my concerns.
I first noticed that the actual height of the saddle and the break angle caused me to check other details the attached photos will show you my concerns

I looked forward to your comments.

'Reply from Eastman'
The measurements you have sent us do not do not arise any concern as nothing seems to be wrong structurally. The neck is pitched at this angle to bring more comfort to the player as a straight neck pitch would create more reach for the player.

Oh, heck no.

I played an Eastman yesterday (at one of our sponsor stores) and I was considering it. Seeing those pictures and that reply gives me a huge shove in the nope nope nope direction.

That saddle is way high. Someone messed this guitar up and "fixed" it by fudging the saddle in setup. That should never have left the factory. Seeing Eastman blow off the complaint is a big red flag for this potential buyer.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion