The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-27-2019, 03:59 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyg View Post
I love the Nashville shops already mentioned. Chicago Music Exchange is an amazing store. There are several listed I hope to visit, Elderly included.
My local shop, Martin Music in Memphis, is also praiseworthy. I've ordered a Tom Anderson and a Collings from them over the past 3 years and had many other transactions. Great selection of electrics and acoustics. Don't miss if you come to Memphis. ....we used to have the Gibson showroom, but alas, no more..
Billy, interestingly, I went to high school with Tom Anderson. Was always -- and still is -- the nicest guy on the planet. Don't know if you know his history, but he was, like, Employee #3 at Schecter Guitar when they first started out. Actually, a lot of great industry people came out of that little start-up.

Surprised not more mentions of McCabe's, esp with the addition of their concerts. I've heard True Tone in Santa Monica is really good, but have never been there.

scott memmer
Old 09-27-2019, 07:07 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyg View Post
I love the Nashville shops already mentioned. Chicago Music Exchange is an amazing store. There are several listed I hope to visit, Elderly included.
My local shop, Martin Music in Memphis, is also praiseworthy. I've ordered a Tom Anderson and a Collings from them over the past 3 years and had many other transactions. Great selection of electrics and acoustics. Don't miss if you come to Memphis. ....we used to have the Gibson showroom, but alas, no more..
Darn it! Why didn't I read this thread yesterday? Drove to Memphis this morning. Must have been two blocks from Martin Music and wasn't aware of it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion