The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-14-2019, 04:20 PM

I feel your pain.

I've had to sell my 2011 '37 D-18A and 2019 D-28A w/VTS for the same reasons.

BUT...

I bought a new '39 D-18A w/VTS and I couldn't be happier! LOVE the neck and 1 11/16" nut and it gives that "in your chest" rumble only an Authentic can deliver.

Call Jon at www.myfavoriteguitars.com and get yourself one!
Old 10-14-2019, 05:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageom View Post
My experience as well. Who knows that the one sample used for the template was the best sample? The 1937 Aged version's neck is much better to my hand.
I've seen a couple of reliable folks claim the aged version has a different neck. But I emailed a friend of mine in the Martin custom shop who works on those guitars, and he told me they put the same neck profile on that one as the non-aged, just with rolled fretboard edges (which give a nicer feel). I've held both side by side and thought they were pretty darn similar. I wonder if there are a few nice aged necks floating around out there that give people this impression. I'm curious, what is your evidence that they're making the aged neck profiles differently?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion