The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 06-08-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny View Post
How do you set up your hypemic? I’d love to hear how anyone having this mic sets the levels and compression and your preferred mic placement.

Specifically:

1. Do you set the levels first, then the compression? Do you find you need to reduce the gain after you set the compression because the signal is so boosted?

2. Do you set the compression first and then adjust the gain so it’s not too hot of a signal?

3.What do you find is the optimal peak level on the three lights, one, two or three lights lit green, not going above the second light, allowing it to peak with occasionally hitting orange?

4. If you sing and play acoustic guitar using this one mic, what have you found to be your favorite placement in therms of height and distance from the microphone? Do you use the supplied mini tripod or something else

Any tips and hints and observations appreciated! I am specifically trying to get a strong signal with compression for singing and playing guitar together for live streaming, so not able to boost the level later in post.

I love the hypemic and I’m experimenting with all this, but haven’t hit on what I think sounds best yet.

Thanks!

Penny

Those are good questions. Since I use the middle compression setting for streaming I turn it on and then set the gain. Every software is different so it’s going to be trial and error for each one.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Charter Member

Thought I’d circle back and see how folks are enjoying their HypeMics? I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Extra points for links to audio or video!
Old 08-06-2020, 03:24 PM
Guest 2223

looking into upgrading my simple usb recording setup and stumbled across the HYPE MIC today. Seems to be universally loved. Would love to hear some quality recordings and some streams that haven't been linked yet!
Old 08-06-2020, 03:51 PM
AGF Sponsor

On Spotify, artist Gary Franks, song Hope. The guitar is an Emerald X7 nylon recorded with a HypeMic directly into a MacBook running Logic.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:39 PM
Guest 2223

I know that much of the quality here is Larry Freaking Campbell, however I am sold. If that little mic can record at the quality of this demo, then it seems to be the perfect mic for my needs
Old 01-09-2021, 02:50 PM
Guest 2223

Just picked up one a couple months ago and finally started some recording. Very high quality audio recording!. Any tips and tricks from those of you that have had your hypemic for a few months? I’ve got it pretty dialed in for tracking acoustics, but when it comes to vocals I am having a hard time finding the sweet spot.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD