The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 02-18-2018, 12:40 AM

Default Thumbs up for International Guitar Night

Tonight I caught the Denver appearance of International Guitar Night. This was my first exposure to this incredible guitar summit conference, now in its ninth year. Four guitarists performed in a much larger number of styles. If the names Lulo Reinhardt, Calum Graham, Marek Pasieczny and Michael Chapdelaine don't ring a bell, don't feel alone. You'll never forget what they can play.

During the course of two hours at the wonderful Swallow Hill Music center, I heard gypsy jazz, flamenco, blues and Brazilian, played on nylon string (once, with a slide), a hollowbody (on one song with wah-wah pedal), and plenty of harp guitar. The interplay and mastery (and sheer quantity of plucked notes) ranked right up there with the great Friday Night in San Francisco album, but with much greater variety and range.

The tour is half over, but anyone in California, Washington, Alaska and Florida still have a chance to see this ensemble through mid-March. The cast changes every year, so make a habit of this one. Highly recommended!
- Tacoma EK36C (ancient cedar Little Jumbo, '01, #145/150)
- Seagull SWS Maritime Mini Jumbo ('16)
- Simon & Patrick Pro Folk Rosewood ('01)
- Godin Montreal Premiere Supreme
- Ibanez Mikro Bass
Old 02-18-2018, 12:57 AM
AGF Sponsor

Sounds like a great night! Thanks for sharing this - I’ll look it up

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Tags
calum graham, lulo reinhardt, marek pasieczny, michael chapdelaine