The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-21-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnewsom View Post
Depending on the size of the room, my Vibrolux or Princeton.

I'm glad you posted this.... I'm finding a blend of a Princeton with my acoustic array pro (with a pan pedal between them) to be a great/ interesting combo.
Old 08-21-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willymartin View Post
I'm glad you posted this.... I'm finding a blend of a Princeton with my acoustic array pro (with a pan pedal between them) to be a great/ interesting combo.
I've found a few interesting combinations with this rig and a Bose Compact.

- Guitar to Princeton, 2nd Princeton input to the Compact line in(acoustic switch engaged) Vocal mic into channel 1. Punchy, and airy at the same time. Kick in the tremolo for a cool wet/dry mix. If I need more power I send a line from the compact to the main PA, if there is one.

- Guitar to Princeton and Bose T1 mixer/(LesPaul patch/reverb/trem/etc) to Compact or JBK EOS 612 speakers. Sometimes I'll mic the Princeton instead of going direct to the mixer, but then it's important to space the amps apart to avoid low frequency feedback..

It's very easy get a juicy workable sound this way. No quack either!

Actually, I don't even really need the Princeton, as that guitar sounds great straight into the Bose especially for more acoustic'y gigs. Mostly want the amp if I'll be taking solos.

Last edited by Pnewsom; 08-21-2021 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnewsom View Post

Actually, I don't even really need the Princeton, as that guitar sounds great straight into the Bose especially for more acoustic'y gigs. Mostly want the amp if I'll be taking solos.
(Man...I have a million questions but afraid to hijack this thread...I've been meaning to start a "Tube amp/acoustic guitar" thread after I thought out some questions...but while I habe you...) The Princeton/fender reverb is supurb for about 40% of my tunes... I'm still experimenting and haven't tried my new sound live yet but I've found the sound I've been looking for for a very long time at least in the basement and at band practice.... So you are recommending I do not set the acoustic amp on top of the Princeton? I was thinking of DI out from the acoustic amp and micing the Princeton...to the PA..

Can I ask how you use the vibrolux? Same manner?
Old 08-21-2021, 05:30 PM

(quote: (Man...I have a million questions but afraid to hijack this thread...I've been meaning to start a "Tube amp/acoustic guitar" thread after I thought out some questions...but while I habe you...) The Princeton/fender reverb is supurb for about 40% of my tunes... I'm still experimenting and haven't tried my new sound live yet but I've found the sound I've been looking for for a very long time at least in the basement and at band practice.... So you are recommending I do not set the acoustic amp on top of the Princeton? I was thinking of DI out from the acoustic amp and micing the Princeton...to the PA.

Can I ask how you use the vibrolux? Same manner? quote)

I'd spread to two amps apart, then any chorus, delay effects can be done in stereo. However you only need to separate the two amps if you were to mic the Princeton directly to the Acoustic amp.

With the Vibrolux, it has enough power that I usually just go straight to it on it's own, maybe mic it to the pa board. If it's a rockin' blues band with drums then we're moving into a full pa set up territory, and I'm likely playing a 335 for the night. Acoustic has left the building at that point.
Old 08-23-2021, 05:45 AM

Just recently picked up a Fishman Loudbox, but my favorite acoustic amps are the mid 90’s Trace Elliot TA100R’s. They were built way beyond their time and still sound amazing against their modern competitors.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:16 AM
AGF Sponsor

I have had 3 amps in my guitar playing time: Genz Benz Shendoah 100, many versions of Ultrasound AG-50’s, and currently an SWR California Blonde. I love the sound of the California Blonde, and I got a great deal on it used, but I am very glad I don’t have to lug it to gigs(I don’t play out currently). The thing weighs about 65lbs. I have been toying with the idea of an idea of an array PA system. They seem to be very easy to transport unless I am totally wrong about that. Also, a friend told me with a Line 6 modeling board that you could play electric guitars through an array system. I recently purchased a used Epiphone Les Paul to try, and learn some lead guitar licks.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:57 PM
Charter Member

Marshall AD50
Old 08-27-2021, 05:18 PM

my Rivera Sedona 55

Old 11-04-2021, 09:48 AM

I have been impressed by the Genz Benz Shenandoah series, as well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification