The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-04-2005, 07:31 AM

Question Acoustic pickups???

I have an old Kramer acoustic guitar, Ferrington model. A lot like the new Fender Stratacoustic. I love this thing! Just because it's so small and easy to play. Has an electric neck. But because it is so thin it has no bass whatsoever. I could care less what it sounds like unplugged. The pickup in it is junk. I'd like to replace it. My question is, Is there any that might give more bass and possibly warm it up a bit more like a full bodied acoustic. I know that may be a lot to ask. Haven't any experience with acoustic pickups and effects drive me nuts. My ideal choice would be one that is hidden and can be wired in the volume/tone controls already in it. But any suggestions would be great.The pots need to be replaced too. I am afraid to play out with it since it sounds like it does, but some of our music has acoustic leads and they are just so easy to play on that guitar. I can **** near rip on it as easy as my Ibanez. Well, almost. Our other guitar player has one of those new amps specifically designed for an acoustic, which helps a little. Right now it's a couch guitar. I can play it without even sitting up or being hunched over. Will it forever be that? I should add that it was very cheap and am not to worried about the dings and dents that seem to appear after a long night out. Another reason to take it out. I have tried asking this at another guitar forum and got one responce reguarding how he wishes he still had his. Please help.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:46 AM

Try one of these. Behringer Acoustic DI
I recommend one to ibmindless in this thread.
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...light=acoustic
Old 07-04-2005, 07:48 AM

I would suggest you try out this guitar through a BAGGS PADI. You should be able to audition one at most good music stores.

The sound from these guitars are very mid range heavy and a good external DI with EQ, such as the PADI, can probably get you a much better sound.

Try it and see. It won't cost you anything to try and you may end up with a solution that is unobtrusive and inexpensive. The upside is you can use the PADI on any future guitar, as well.

Good luck!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification