The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-28-2020, 03:48 AM

Default Another Reverb issue

I was looking at a guitar that was £2978 and when I clicked on 'watch' it went up to £2999.99. ???

Bob
Old 11-28-2020, 03:58 AM
Charter Member

Where was it ? Reverb UK (and ebay UK annoyingly) insist on showing us US and Japanese based items. The changes of UK costs vary as do the rates of exchanges from yen, dollars etc.

You should be aware that prices from non EU foreign countries attract Excise duty and 20% VAT on everything.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:09 AM

Thanks. It was Reverb.com and the shop is in Germany. I have emailed them direct to see if I can get a better price.

Bob
Old 11-28-2020, 06:01 AM

Reverb is out of control with all their costs.It used to pay to use them.Now they rack you through the coals .
Martin Jeff Daniels custom OM #33
Martin Eric Clapton Custom Signature
Martin CEO-7
Martin 0-18
Guild F65ce
Waterloo WL12 MH
Fender Stratocaster 1980 (American

My biggest fear is when i die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost
Old 11-28-2020, 06:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstrebel View Post
Thanks. It was Reverb.com and the shop is in Germany. I have emailed them direct to see if I can get a better price.

Bob
Conversion rates are constantly changing, which is why the price changes.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

I had this happen once but on a much grander scale. The guitar was being sold in Australia and listed in American dollars for a great price and then after making an offer and the buy accepting it the final deal was changed to Australian dollars, which was significantly more. It scared me for a minute.

During that time I was watching several auctions for guitars from Australia and noticed that the asking prices were weirdly detailed to the penny (like $1,567.43) and that the price would fluctuate daily a little higher and then lower. It was then that I realized it was because Reverb allowed for asking prices in Australian dollars to be converted to an American dollar rate based on the daily conversion rate!

I stopped using Reverb after they changed their rules so you can't get paid for items sold to your PayPal account but rather directly to your bank which you MUST link to them. No thanks. That's why I have PayPal. Also, their rates keep going up. Thankfully, I'm not in the market for much these days!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion