The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-25-2020, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

When I was using wireless. I loved the freedom. But I went back to cables when the frequency wars started.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:18 PM

Grrr Ordered last week, and still waiting on notification of the goods being shipped.
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar
Old 11-29-2020, 08:48 PM

I gigged in a band with the line 6 g10s for about a year and a half and always had a good signal, never a dropout or battery issue. I know they are a little pricey compared to those other dongle systems, but my band mates who tried the lower priced dongle systems all ended up having failures, mostly battery issues or signal dropouts. Each one of them ended up going back to a cable, most of them during the middle of a show.

I guess it depends on your intended purpose. Around the house, I'm sure they are fine. My advice - if you buy one to gig with, keep a cable handy and be ready for a quick changeover if need be. Ot bite the bullet and get a pro system from the git go and save yourself a lot of headache.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I gigged in a band with the line 6 g10s for about a year and a half and always had a good signal, never a dropout or battery issue. I know they are a little pricey compared to those other dongle systems, but my band mates who tried the lower priced dongle systems all ended up having failures, mostly battery issues or signal dropouts. Each one of them ended up going back to a cable, most of them during the middle of a show.

I guess it depends on your intended purpose. Around the house, I'm sure they are fine. My advice - if you buy one to gig with, keep a cable handy and be ready for a quick changeover if need be. Ot bite the bullet and get a pro system from the git go and save yourself a lot of headache.
Yep, the Line 6 G10 is amazing. I have used it live at least twenty times and have never had a dropout or unwanted noise. It doesn’t work with all active systems but oddly enough, it works perfectly with my active Godin mandolin. I haven’t done the update yet though. Apparently they found that there was an issue with them potentially catching on fire or something like that. The G10 has been out for years though and they just discovered this last year so I am not sure if I will even bother.
Old 12-16-2020, 03:53 AM

Just received it finally. It was advertised as arriving on the 23rd of December, so I'm pretty happy with that.
Initial thoughts are they feel extremely light, but the hinge is quite firm and they stay in place just fine.
No issues with compatibility with my Fishman Matrix Infinity Mic Blend pickup.

Last edited by Zandit75; 12-16-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
Just received it finally. It was advertised as arriving on the 23rd of December, so I'm pretty happy with that.
Initial thoughts are they feel extremely light, but the hinge is quite firm and they stay in place just fine.
]

I’ve been using that exact model for a year with acoustic and electric guitars. Love it. Not a ton of gigs in 2020 though, but I did use it some at home.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
I’ve been using that exact model for a year with acoustic and electric guitars. Love it. Not a ton of gigs in 2020 though, but I did use it some at home.

I have that one also. I used it for about 30 gigs this summer. No complaints at all
2004 Fender Telecaster MIM
2010 Martin DCX1RE
1984 Sigma DM3
Fender Mustang III v2
Old 12-19-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post

Used it for the first time in a live gig setting on Saturday night.
It was really weird walking out in front of the sound system checking the settings, and everyone's strange looks wondering how is that working??!!
No complaints!!
Old 12-20-2020, 08:52 PM

Has anyone found a softshell case to suit these?
Looking for something like this, not necessarily foam filled.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:28 AM

Monoprice has one of those pelican style cases for $15 that will work great.
Old 12-21-2020, 08:21 PM

That style of case is known as clamshell round here. I was advised to look for mobile printer cases on Amazon which eventually led me to a company that sells various sizes. I have 3 including one for my Tonedexter which works great. I cut up some black foam packaging to make an internal support structure around the TD and in the lid of the case to protect the knobs.

I imagine you could buy one just the right size to drop that piece of foam into without much adjustment.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shufflebeat View Post
That style of case is known as clamshell round here. I was advised to look for mobile printer cases on Amazon which eventually led me to a company that sells various sizes. I have 3 including one for my Tonedexter which works great. I cut up some black foam packaging to make an internal support structure around the TD and in the lid of the case to protect the knobs.

I imagine you could buy one just the right size to drop that piece of foam into without much adjustment.
Yep, ended up finding one on Ebay that will also fit my Shure SM58 so everything is together.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Recorder...72.m2749.l2649
Old 12-24-2020, 01:17 PM

Just got my M5 a couple of days ago and (for the money) I don’t have any complaints. The only issue I’ve found is that it doesn’t play well with my IK z-tone DI - it introduces a hum if used together. Must be something to do with impedance because I can run it through my Stomp I/O or direct into my other audio interface or any amp with no issue.
Old 08-16-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
Thanks for letting me know, I updated the link in my video, here it is (currently 20% off!):

https://amzn.to/2J63gdC

The ones that you have listed are not recommended, I have tried them.
Thanks Aaron. I already have the Xvive U2 which I haven't had issues with, but I bought this as it was inexpensive and a good backup. Of course cables are the best backup which I always carry with me. LOL

Have you done or plan any 5.8 Ghz wireless mic reviews? I just purchased the Xvive 2.4 Ghz U3. Had some MF reward dollars to spend I wanted to go completely wireless especially at the open mics where I seem to get tangled in cables. The U3 like the more expensive Sennheiser XSW-D offers wireless simplicity for a headset mic.
Taylor 562CE
Taylor 214CE DLX
Amalio Burguet Vanessa
Fender Player Stratocaster HSS Plus
Timberline T60HGpc
Kolaloha KTM-000 with MiSi
SunnAudio MS-2
Digital Piano Yamaha P515
Grand Piano Yamaha C3
DPA 4488
Old 08-16-2021, 04:02 PM
Charter Member

I use these (without the foam)

https://amzn.to/3g8RHQd

Here is the system (there’s a 10% discount available right now as well if you apply the coupon).

https://amzn.to/3yVKN8p

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification