The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-28-2019, 01:37 PM

Default NFL Week 13

Week 13 starts with the 3 Thanksgiving day games.

49ers and Ravens is going to be a great game.

What story lines you following this week?
Old 11-28-2019, 02:31 PM

Thumbs up

Vikings vs Hawks....this has the potential to go full tilt score machine, or if it rains, sloppy low score. Hard to pick a favorite when I like both squads
Old 11-28-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Vikings vs Hawks....this has the potential to go full tilt score machine, or if it rains, sloppy low score. Hard to pick a favorite when I like both squads
Just watched the exciting ending to the Bears/Lions game ... sorry JPD, Lions couldn't hold on for the win.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:14 PM

Default Didn't see that coming . . .

Well well well. Huh.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:46 PM

Looks like the Bills have the Cowboys figured out. I said it earlier in the season that the bills will make the wildcard this year.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Looks like the Bills have the Cowboys figured out. I said it earlier in the season that the bills will make the wildcard this year.
I think you're right. Bills have been playing good ball.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:43 PM
Charter Member

That recovery and 1st down by Allen was possibly the most amazing play I've seen all year, followed by a double-reverse flea-flicker style touchdown.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 11-29-2019, 12:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
That recovery and 1st down by Allen was possibly the most amazing play I've seen all year, followed by a double-reverse flea-flicker style touchdown.
Well, you are going to see Lamar Jackson if he gets through the 49's game uninjured. That guy is producing the most amazing plays each week!

I am so happy that the pundits who were so high on Mayfield, Rosen, and Darnold while they threw darts at Josh Allen and Jackson are having to eat crow while their star picks falter and their throw-aways thrive this year. Ravens - Bills will be a good game for all to watch, and showcase the new wave of NFL quarterbacking.
Guild 12 String
Mark V Classical
Martin Dreadnaught
Weber Mandolin
Old 11-29-2019, 06:06 AM

The Cowboys play like a team that knows it's in the playoffs, and nobody is going to put out any extra effort if they don't have to. They think they're going to walk effortlessly into January and then turn it on. Could be right. All they have to do is beat the Eagles in a couple of weeks, and they're in. Maybe staying healthy at the expense of meaningless wins is the right strategy.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
The Cowboys play like a team that knows it's in the playoffs, and nobody is going to put out any extra effort if they don't have to. They think they're going to walk effortlessly into January and then turn it on. Could be right. All they have to do is beat the Eagles in a couple of weeks, and they're in. Maybe staying healthy at the expense of meaningless wins is the right strategy.
Beating the Eagles at Philly outdoors in December for a dome team who is not coached for weather conditions will be pretty difficult. So, these games aren't meaningless if they lose at Philly.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 11-29-2019, 10:32 AM

Default NFL Week 13

Quote:

Eagles are 5-6, and they’re playing the Dolphins this Sunday. It is pretty much certain that both teams are going into week 14 at 6-6 each. This season is very far from over for both those teams, considering that there’s still 4 games left.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:40 AM

Hey Cowboys. We got the tapes. (Bad news) . So does everybody else.

Last edited by Jobe; 11-29-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
They look like a team with a mediocre head coach who will unquestionably be gone after this season. “Jerruh” has had enough.
No wins are meaningless in the NFL unless you’re trying to secure the number one pick.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 11-29-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Sorry but I'm not buying it (no offense intended). They were beaten by a superior team... and I'm a Cowboys fan!

It was painful to watch, that's for sure.

The season's not yet over but it's getting REALLY CLOSE for all intents and purposes.

I guess there's always next year (my parents were Chicago Cubs fans so I'm familiar with waiting for things to happen) but I hope I'm wrong!

Best,
PJ
Old 11-29-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
Sorry but I'm not buying it (no offense intended). They were beaten by a superior team... and I'm a Cowboys fan!

It was painful to watch, that's for sure.

The season's not yet over but it's getting REALLY CLOSE for all intents and purposes.

I guess there's always next year (my parents were Chicago Cubs fans so I'm familiar with waiting for things to happen) but I hope I'm wrong!

Best,

PJ

Most of the cowboy’s woes seem to be bad coaching. I mean the number one offense in the NFL is 6-6? They have the talent to take it all, but they keep getting out-smarted.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic