The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-06-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard Rocks View Post
Not mine! We drive hot Honda Fits. (No, not hot that way, we paid for them.) They do get out of their own way... barely. My Subaru is far slower. But I am in no hurry.
I have an '09 Fit Sport (manual gearbox). It does pretty well, actually, for what it is. Do you have the stock tires on it? If so, which ones, as IIRC, there were a couple different ones. Mine came with some crummy Dunlop Sport SP tires in 185/55 size. I replaced those within the first year of owning the car with much nicer Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires; now I have Michelin Premier A/S tires, another great tire for this car.

Both of those Michelin sets are/were 205/50 in size, they fit the stock rims just fine.

Tires can make a huge difference in overall performance. I really learned this when I owned an '01 CR-V; it too, came with crummy B.F. Goodrich tires that after about 38,000 miles I replaced with Michelin HydroEdge tires, totally transforming that car into a fun vehicle to drive, and it became a snow monster. . I feared for my life with the stock B.F. Goodrich tires.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic